LGB Mogul Snowplow Installation Part 2

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Here she is with her plow fully installed! Took a little work and fabricating the main parts that I needed, but it was worth it. Shackles made by Ozark Miniatures. Chains bought on Ebay. Everything else fabricated by yours truly. Enjoy!249398249400249401249402

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Ok. You guys are going to think that I'm crazy after all of the work that I put into this, but I found the factory part on Ebay today! It's coming from Germany, so it was a little spendy. The part was $3.10, and the shipping was $14.13. Oh,well. These LGB units aren't exactly cheap, so why not splurge a little to get the factory part,I figured. I already removed my makeshift mount from my mogul and will wait until I receive ,and mount ,the part before running the train again. It will arrive sometime within the next 1 to 3 weeks.
Until then!249615
Andrew

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Train_Li? LOL!! They are a joke! I called them and left a voice message. I also emailed them a few minutes later. They never replied. That was nearly a month ago! Yesterday, 03/05/19, they finally called me. Well, I told them I wouldn't be needing them for anything for my mogul, that I had found the plow on another website,and fabricated the mount myself. I was very nice about it, but I really wanted to say that I will never use them for anything in the future as a month wait for a reply is extremely poor customer service! I can wait a month for the factory mount to arrive, as it's coming from Germany. That I totally understand as I order a lot of items from China through Ebay. Extended delivery times are expected when ordering from overseas suppliers.What I refuse to understand is why Trail_Li took nearly a month to reply to me. I've bought a few things from onlytrains.com (the snowplow and replacement traction tires). Everything has been in stock and arrived within 3 days of my ordering it. And they don't charge excessive shipping rates,either. Top rate customer service! Unlike Train_Li.