Lgb mallet 20851

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
If in doubt... 1K resistor in series, will always work.. - LED's as well.

I also happen to have a big bag of 12V wire-ended grain of wheat bulbs.. The wires are long enough to poke into LGB bulb-holders easily, and they seem to survive have full voltage through them.. If they show a jaundiced yellow, then 5V bulbs are replaced.
So I need some of those bulbs Philip I need 7 :clap:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, sorry Adam - I hadn't realised you'd only got the "loco remote", not the "universal remote" (the one with buttons only rather than the big knob). You'd need the Universal version in order to reprogram CVs.

Jon.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Same here Jon. I tend to use the computer systems now - Massoth or JMRI. But that's no help to Adam, so can someone help here please.
Alternatively - who lives near Adam.
I don't live that near Calne (about 90 mins down the M4) and I don't have any LGB MTS kit but I have everything necessary to program run and service any LGB loco, DDC ready, fitted or not, so Adam is very welcome to bring his loco (or locos) to me and we'll get it running. Sometimes an hour or two of face to face is better than trying to find the right question to ask on forums. Anyway the offer is there. Someone else may be nearer than me but if you want to take this up Adam just PM me.
Dave

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 4232

Moved

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I don't live that near Calne (about 90 mins down the M4) and I don't have any LGB MTS kit but I have everything necessary to program run and service any LGB loco, DDC ready, fitted or not, so Adam is very welcome to bring his loco (or locos) to me and we'll get it running. Sometimes an hour or two of face to face is better than trying to find the right question to ask on forums. Anyway the offer is there. Someone else may be nearer than me but if you want to take this up Adam just PM me.
Dave

This kind of offer of help is what makes this such a great hobby

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Of course, if Adam *really* wants to get the bug....
He could come to the GSS annual exhibition / political rally ;) (read society AGM), in Nottingham..

More people, and equipment, than you can shake a stick at.. All in one place.
:):)

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
First of all I would like to thank everyone for there offers and help and answering all of my questions. I have been part of a few forums over the years for various things and none have been as helpfull as this :clap:

Unfortunately I am on holiday from 19th of May so will be unavailable for the annal exhibition. So I think the way forward is to have it setup by someone as I don't want the lamps to be to bright.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
First of all I would like to thank everyone for there offers and help and answering all of my questions. I have been part of a few forums over the years for various things and none have been as helpfull as this :clap:

Unfortunately I am on holiday from 19th of May so will be unavailable for the annal exhibition. So I think the way forward is to have it setup by someone as I don't want the lamps to be to bright.

http://www.grsuk.com/Plug-In-Bulbs-Clear-24V-10-was-L68513-M4002

Other suppliers are available.

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
All sorted took it to Dave all set up and sorted put back together top man

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Great - another team effort.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
It was good fun being allowed to dismantle other people's toys. We even got the smoke generator working nicely. I think Adam was fancying my Saxon VIK until I told him how much it was... :)

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
So I couldn't resist but to have a quick play I've just realised I got a bulb out apart from that all okay

Reactions: 2 users