LGB 25554 White pass Loco

frankando12

Registered
15 Jul 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Hi
I have a LGB 25554 White Pass LOCO Have trouble with the horn continually blowing the horn . When I pulled the engine apart I found a wire leading from the sound card going to the front engine I Thought the only place the connection can go is next to the wire coming out of the sound . Can I reinstall it there . I will attach a photo of the sound card in Question .

Attachments

• 20210203_163626.jpg
    20210203_163626.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 0

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
If that cable goes into one of the motor blocks, do NOT connect it to that free socket!

I believe that cable is for reed switches in the block, for triggering sounds with track magnets.

That socket appears to be labelled 'CAP' which I would assume is for a keep-alive?

PhilP

frankando12

Registered
15 Jul 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for your reply Philp .
The other end of that wire is going to the socket next to the CAP socket I think they mite have been mixed up . I think the big connector goes to the CAP socket and the other end that is in the socket next to the CAP socket is in the wrong socket but I don't know where it should go can not find any information on the sound card.

Thanks Again

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The 3 wire cable with the brown center is the standard reed sensor cable for bell and horn/whsitle.

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hi
I have a LGB 25554 White Pass LOCO Have trouble with the horn continually blowing the horn . When I pulled the engine apart I found a wire leading from the sound card going to the front engine I Thought the only place the connection can go is next to the wire coming out of the sound . Can I reinstall it there . I will attach a photo of the sound card in Question .
As above, don't plug that into the board marked CAP!!! Looks like it should plug into the rear power bogie which is where the reed switches for the bell and horn are.

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
As above, don't plug that into the board marked CAP!!! Looks like it should plug into the rear power bogie which is where the reed switches for the bell and horn are.
And if you can send a pic showing the board markings, I'll be able to confirm that you've got the 2 small 3 pin cables in the right sockets.