Mike Bett

Beer, G Gauge, Beer, Cricket, Beer.
14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for a replacement for a broken right side part 88 on my 2171D. Or a complete set of running gear and connecting rods for same.
Anyone got spares, or where should I look?

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Is it this thing here?

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Is it this thing here?
Yes I think that is what I need. The red fitting on my engine is black, but that could be substituted.

John Fedak

Registered
2 Dec 2019
Ottawa Ontario
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for a replacement for a broken right side part 88 on my 2171D. Or a complete set of running gear and connecting rods for same.
Anyone got spares, or where should I look?
I would phone or e-mail these places to see if they have or can get ordered in.
You may save on shipping and import charges.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
An endorsement for Trainli..

I have used them for LGB parts, to here in the UK. - Many of the European suppliers will no longer supply outside the EU. :(

PhilP

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
Yes probably try Trainli from the US. They get their spare parts from Champex-Linden CHAMPEX-LINDEN

From the UK it is possible to get parts directly from Champex Linden with the proviso you order Euro100 of stuff, which does not have to be just spares, and pay direct to their bank account, my online bank will do this free for me. Postage + any customs charges (which I have only been hit with once) are on top of the Euro100.

To find the parts you need, find the part number you want on the diagrams they provide, CHAMPEX-LINDEN then there is another section of their web site where they you can put in the diagram number and part number to see if they have it, or in the case of newer parts they can order them for you from Marklin.

There is a different section of diagrams for post 2007 and for Piko.

They don't have diagrams for all production items, but you can usually find a variant that they do have a diagram for. In the case of 2171D they don't have a diagram, but do have one for 2070D, part 88, assuming it is the same part, is listed and they have it in stock.

I don't know if you can order directly from Champex Linden from the US.

Hope this is useful.

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I have used them for LGB parts, to here in the UK. - Many of the European suppliers will no longer supply outside the EU
They get their spare parts from Champex-Linden

Do we need to draw a distinction between the parts that LGB/Marklin still make (and choose to make available), and the (much more intriguing) parts that were acquired when LGB "went bust" (they seem to be in the hands of Warenburg/Modell-Land/MTS-Line)?

Champex Linden seem to be good for the first type, and for additional self-made (?) versions of small items that LGB no longer list (screws, brake hoses, etc) . . . but, as far as the UK is concerned, with a sizeable minimum order and high postage. It wouln't surprise me if TrainLi get such parts from Champex Linden.

For the "intriguing" parts (the ones that those of us that like to customise LGB models need) Train Li must get them from Modell-Land (the 'Modell-Land.de' imprint is on lots of the photographs). However,Trainli are listing things that Modell-Land has run out of, so they either hold a limited stock of some items in-house, have an alternative supplier, or are simply offering things they can't supply.

Whether from Champex Linden, or Modell-Land, the TrainLi website makes it clear that, by and large, "you order them; they source them from Europe; then they send them to you" . . .

1670855278484.png

I placed a number of orders for complete LGB mouldings from Modell-Land . . . before they decided that they were no longer willing to ship to the UK (mid-2021, I think). MTS-Line has a number of LGB body mouldings that I would dearly like to acquire but (despite the offer of "letter post" on their website) their shipping to the UK is extortionate (several times the cost of the items in my case) and they won't answer my emails asking about those costs, and about removing German VAT so that I would only have to pay VAT once. Oddly they sell some items on Ebay where, at least, the (double) VAT is included, and the collection fee thereby avoided). Has anyone had more luck with them? Or interested in a combined order to spread the postage costs?

Cheers

David

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Great guys. I am getting what I need from Train Li.
It now looks as if Train Li do not have a right side set of pushrods etc.
They say they have ordered it from Europe, but after some months nothing has materialised.
The one Schienenkonig highlighted is a left set, I need the right hand set, any body seen one for sale in Europe?

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Spot on. Thanks Peter.
Ordered and awaiting delivery.
I don’t think there are many of these spare parts still available.

meiningen8

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I have only just seen this thread As this is an early model is the valve gear you need all plastic or a combination of metal and plastic I have a metal/plastic set in my spares box The plastic valve gear is easy to take apart and substitute the body mounts/motion brackets

Last edited:

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for your offer meiningen8

I have new sets on order for both left and right sides.

If things go pear shaped, I will come back to you !

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
I order my LGB engine spare parts from Marklin USA or from several German trains dealers. I have a good supply of parts for LGB Moguls but not much for other locomotives especially the European models except the Stainz.

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
hello, just jumping on this thread. im after the same part (113) for a 2070D. Im uk based and found the part Gestänge Dampflok LGB 25701-M033 from my understanding they dont post to UK and its also not silver. Has anyone repaired the valve that goes into the top right piston?

. 1000012559.jpg1000012560.jpg

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
hello, just jumping on this thread. im after the same part (113) for a 2070D. Im uk based and found the part Gestänge Dampflok LGB 25701-M033 from my understanding they dont post to UK and its also not silver. Has anyone repaired the valve that goes into the top right piston?

. View attachment 317494View attachment 317495
Just watched a WHOLE LOCO go for £95 this moning at an acution website, wish I had seen this thread before as could have highlighted to you sorry.

Last edited:

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I had a similar problem with one of my U-class locos. I cut the broken rod off square drilled a hole into the coupling swivel and superglued in a length of silver rod, actually a length cut from a paper clip.

489811_1000012560.jpg

David

Reactions: 1 user

meiningen8

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

. View attachment 317494View attachment 317495
I found the whole process of removing the same broken part ie valve gear and motion bracket and replacing with new parts obtained from Modell -Land But you must remember that LGB went from a valve gear made of metal and plastic to an all plastic version at the same time as they started fitting pick shoes to the chassis the metal version is even easier to replace

richand26mhz

Registered
25 Apr 2010
Penkridge
Best answers
Country flag
I had a similar problem with one of my U-class locos. I cut the broken rod off square drilled a hole into the coupling swivel and superglued in a length of silver rod, actually a length cut from a paper clip.

View attachment 317505

David
Fixed using a 2mm drill bit. As said above I drilled the hole with 2mm drill. Then cut the drill bit down to use as a piston. Thanks for the info.