LGB 2078 Corpet Louvet questions

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
I just purchased this locomotive. I absolutely love it.

IMG_4002.JPG

The previous owner ran this loco with a loose tender, so he cut up the rear to give the crew access to the tender. I spotted this on the sellers images and got a nice discount for this customization.
But does anyone has a spare part to fix this? Otherwise I'm building a fix myself, but using genuine parts is always nicer. After searching on the inet, I found out that back in the days this engine was available in the shops, everyone was getting spare parts, so maybe someone has something I could use to fix it...

IMG_3993.JPG

Another thing is the lettering on the buffer bar. From another forum I learned that later versions of this engine have a different number and letters. Someone even spotted the print shown in my pics underneath the actual print on his engine.
Is anyone aware of this 'error', could this indicate my engine as very early?

Thanks!

fullsizeoutput_131c.jpeg IMG_3997.JPG IMG_3999.JPG IMG_4001.JPG IMG_4003.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3998.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 users

DougLN

NARROW GAUGE RAILWAYS
5 Jul 2010
DIDCOT,OXON
Best answers
Country flag
I brought my Corpet Louvet (LGB2078) from GRS in 1994 when it first came out. The Loco is Green as yours No.51 with S.E. on buffer beam. It still runs very well!

Reactions: 1 user

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag
On the subject of the mis-matched numbers, www.gbdb.info/details.php?image_id=165&l=english includes the advice that "A few locomotives were also shipped with the loco number 39" and includes a photo. Regrettably, while it shows both front and side of (SE) No. 51, it has only the front of (CFV) No. 39 . . .

upload_2018-6-4_14-37-21.png

Whether you've got the model on the very cusp of that changeover (a unique hybrid???) or one reassembled from parts of two locos is hard to judge.

Best wishes

David

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I'm wondering what number the no '36' have on the sides of the watertanks..?
Hernri, My green Corpet or Europaloc is No.51 all round. The rear part is one solid piece so yours has certainly been cut and by the look of it had a slightly wrong colour repaint as well. If you can get an original,would be better but if not why not a Wooden Joiner as you are so good with wood.
image.jpg
You can see where I have stuffed the Sound Unit, LGB Euro taken out of its plastic box. Normally a Drivers rolled blanket to protect when running in reverce hides the unit but the rolled blanket has gone walkabout.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Whether you've got the model on the very cusp of that changeover (a unique hybrid???) or one reassembled from parts of two locos is hard to judge.

The combination of "(SE) No. 51 on the sides and (CFV) No. 39 on the front" on Henri's model is NOT unique, it would seem. There's a 2078 on ebay.de (albeit the item is in the USA) with the same combination of numbers . . .

https://www.ebay.de/itm/LGB-2078-Th...131324?hash=item2f1b84803c:g:hPgAAOSwrCZbDLhS

Best wishes

David