Registered
17 Apr 2020
Netherlands Westwoud
Country
Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hiya to you all,
I have been a lurker for some time, and i would like to join.
My wishes are live steam and electric running loco's both radio controlled in my garden, aiming for +/- 4000 meters minimum of track.
Being a carpenter for 35 years (including "old fashioned" carpeting, sorry don't know the proper translation for "ambacht"(master carpenter?)) got my own company in insulation now, nice house, dogs and wife.
I was always a model train idiot, (should i write that in capital?, cous 1200 meters in N track?)
In possession of a shed full of tools, machinery, experience and a 3d printer.

We decided to build a garden railway (g scale, gauge 1?) 45mm track/1:32, speaking frankly: i begged to her...sounds familiar?

Anyway there are some parts in the future i could use some help with: steam and rc.
For the rest i hope that i have experience enough after 40 years of modeling to help others.
Also with the much underestimated Li ion cells/systems and simple electronics.
To many debate's on li ion, it is so simple!

What do you think i am doing here:....crash course laying bricks?...(could be nice as fundument?)
I like humor(construction worker) and i don't want to offend any one!!!
(if you are offended please accept my apologies at forehand and send me a pm so i can adapt my massage!!!!)
I also like my own grown wine and smoke my own grown tobacco

With best regards Igor

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Igor. I'm sure you'll fit in nicely and as for questions, most of the answers are on here, somewhere! Just don't lose your sense of humour, but no naughty words please:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Even in Dutch, cos you'll still get told off

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Igor. 4000 metres of track? That is quite ambitious but I suppose you did say it was a wish.
Master carpenter is the correct translation.
And is that really tobacco you are growing?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Igor, and welcome!
You will find (at least) one other 'Dutchman' on the Forum..

1200m in 'n' gauge - That must be a big shed you have?

4000m in 'G' will be something to see! - It will keep you busy, as well.

Enjoy!

PhilP.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Igor, 4000 meters! Wow! Or have you been smoking your homegrown (wacky) tobacky?;););). Welcome

RogerK

Registered
3 Jun 2018
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome

If you haven't already, you need to join the Gauge One Model Railway Association. Hopefully you can find some members nearby that can you realize your dreams. We will do our best to help, of course.

Roger

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, lots to do lots of money to spend!

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello, and welcome to the mad House,, you should fit rit in..

justme igor

Registered
17 Apr 2020
Netherlands Westwoud
Country
Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
WOW thanks to you all,
To give some quick answers:
Nope i wont lose my humor and for sure no naughty words.
As far for the tobacco, we grow Kentucky burley, monte calme, havana, samsung(first time), blue tree and black mammoth. so real tobacco and no other mind blowing stuff. the aztec rusticana we tried, now that is one heck of a bachie, i dont recommend!

A lot of meters yes, a lot to do yes, dream no, goal yes, ready in?>?>?>?>? or when?>?>?>>?>?sceneries?>?>>?>? except one.
I will be very happy if i have my first loco ready to run next month, it depends on the rubber boat from china, still missing some parts.
Or some functional track in the garden by the end of this year.
At this point i have a very small clue about the radius (2m) and the turnouts (~70-80 cm in length) for the outside tracks, witch are meant for live steamers and big trains .
Big boy, challenger, red devil, flying scotsman,the flying dutchmen, a russian 4-10-10, some german and french, we will see what will happen with those wishes.
A small area will be dedicated on/for: Once upon a time in the west. (no, you brought two to many)

those 1200 meters in n scale, it was build up over the years and years and years and years.....
I went to a lot of marketing places, bought railways of people that give upon it ect.
It was built on the first floor of my previous house, needles to say that they were just not....just not running into the shower.

Thanks in advance.

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi and welcome boss, you should be able to find most things out here, there are a great lot of guys here with lots of help :)

justme igor

Registered
17 Apr 2020
Netherlands Westwoud
Country
Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Indeed there is A lot of info and knowledge around here, i really hope i can contribute a little.
There is a lot to learn

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Igor....