laser level

peterbunce

1880's Colorado Narrow gauge on 45mm track
29 Oct 2009
east of manchester
Best answers
Hi,

IF you can wait, either Aldi or Lidl have them sometime in the year. Their kit includes a small tripod, and head and a laser and (small) builders level (one unit with both in it) in the kit with a storage box, at a much smaller cost.

Get yourself on their mailing lists and you will have about a week on 10 days advance notice of their 'specials' of which the level is one.

Yours Peter.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
I bought one from Lidl's a couple of years ago. Quite cheap & adequate for what I wanted.

Railfan

Registered
17 Nov 2009
Northern California, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I was able to pick up a very accurate laser level, glasses, rod, and a number of targets at a flea market here last year. The company that made them was located nearby and went out of business as they sold the company to Bosch. The laser is bright enough that I can see it in daylight and is easy to control as it has a remote control to rotate it. I can sit in a chair with something to sip and move the beam all over the place! :)

This will all come in handy when I actually start building the layout in back, hopefully this year. It's way more accurate than I need, but the price was right.

Railfan

Registered
17 Nov 2009
Northern California, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The picture of the Hilti laser that Cheeky Monkey posted also has a remote control as seen in left of the picture.