Krauss Kasten Loks

Dtsteam

G Scale, Travel, Steam Boats, Mechanical Music
24 Oct 2009
Preston
Best answers
Country flag
Re:Krauss Kasten Loks

Although 'John Bull' is a Beyer Peacock tram loco, it was actually built for industrial use in Australia, but was never used & then repatriated. Hence the 'apple box' on the roof to represent the condenser. It ran at Blackpool for one day only in the 1985 centenary procession - there were issues with the railway inspectorate, so it was unloaded the night before, made one return trip along the prom, and then off back to Crich that night.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

Were these 3' 6" guage? :nerd:

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag

Rhinochugger said:
Were these 3' 6" guage? :nerd:

Birmingham, and the Black Country, plus Kinver Light Railway, the Kidderminster to Stourport Tramway, were all to the "local" standard of 3ft 6 ins. Alyn :clap:

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag

Hello Thomas and welcome to the forum. A very interesting selection of photographs! One thing I didn't know about (or ever knew that type existed) was what seemed to be the steam-powered traverser at Balwins. Did any other company have steam operated traversers I wonder?

Mick

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag

Hello and welcome to the forum Thomas, a fine collection of info, and pictures. Alyn :wave:

metzbahner

Registered
10 May 2010
www.etsy.com
Best answers

Did you create that Steam tram ?

Unbelievable ! You are a master at scratch building! Pat yourself on the back and put down the shovel for ten minutes and have a cup of hot Coco on me...

I copied those pix (hope you dont mind) and would love to kitbash a Stainz into the tram version like that some day.