Jetty/dock scene.

biggerdom

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Best answers
Hi all,

To create some interest and purpose for shunting dutys on my 'mod' themed line, Im going to try and construct a ''jetty'' where surrplys can be loaded and unloaded into wagons and onto boats.

Ill be making a pond for the jetty to go in for real effect, thats already underway, with the spoils from the dig out going ontop of some new storage tunnels im also in the process of making.

the question is what to make the jetty out of? I was thinking of using a concrete gravel board which is two foot wide, for legs use cut down slabs then pug this together. Then concreting the track into the jetty for road use, i want it to be loosey based on the old one at Milford haven.

A second option would be build it out of plasticard, however im a bit concerned about it not having enough strength to take weight of trains and being in water 24/7 would make it brittle maybe?

he is a pic of the prototype, Im trying to build my MoD stocks up over the winter months to really try to catcher the MoD look :)

DSC_0082.jpg

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
I would use concrete blocks that are set on their sides - some have large holes going through the middle, so the concrete that is there looks like the concrete legs of a jetty.

Alternatively use bread baskets or similar for a steel effect jetty legs.