Its infectious!

supagav

USA standard gauge in the late 1960's, in 1:29th.
30 Oct 2009
Oban, Scotland
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share this with you... I was really pleased the other day when my girlfriend came down to our workshop with me demanding that I teach her how to paint up an old boxcar. She's pretty artistic and dab hand with pencil or brush, so she took to it like a duck to water. I'm getting worried now thought as I think I might even be better than mine! :banghead: The only thing left is to paint up the coulers and add a few more details like brake hoses and lift bars, but I think we'll add those once we've got a layer of varnish on it.

Anyway I hope you like the pictures and thanks again for looking :D

All the best,
Gavin

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
Totally Excellent,

It's not just you though, My Girlfriend has just finished soldering all my LED in the latest project on the work bench.

Now She's on about joining the forum, Which will mean trouble as she'll know what I am buying. :banghead:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Wow that lady can really weather a wagon. Great job. Wish I could get mine to just accept that being interested in train is nerdy!
JonD

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
If SWMBO did any weathering to my stock i think she would use a hammer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Looks great thou Gavin full marks to the lady :applause: was it down to your teaching :clap:

supagav

USA standard gauge in the late 1960's, in 1:29th.
30 Oct 2009
Oban, Scotland
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Hey guys, thanks again for your kind words!

I'll pass those on to her, I'm sure she'll be pleased! I must admit though that a little help is very nice, as we have so many boxcars and other stuff needing painted up that I think I we can rattle most of them off over the Xmas holidays.... I'll definately keep you posted :D

Thanks again for looking,
All the best,
Gavin

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
<p>
Dave Hub - 26/11/2009 9:45 AM Totally Excellent, It's not just you though, My Girlfriend has just finished soldering all my LED in the latest project on the work bench. Now She's on about joining the forum, Which will mean trouble as she'll know what I am buying. :banghead:
</p><p>Change your name! </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>The alternative is probably unthinkable after all, you may need more soldering/weathering.....;) </p>

DavidLJ

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Fraggle Rock aka Isle of Man
Best answers
Richie - 26/11/2009 10:26 PM

If SWMBO did any weathering to my stock i think she would use a hammer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My Ex-wife totally re-modelled most of my stock and the garden railway with a four pound lump hammer !!

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Richie - 26/11/2009 10:26 PM
My Ex-wife totally re-modelled most of my stock and the garden railway with a four pound lump hammer !!
This would be why she is your ex wife, then? :thinking:

Waldgrun

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Yr Ystog Powys
Best answers
Gav,
Horses for courses, if your girl friends better than you at a task, use her talents, nothing wrong with that! Allows you to get on with something else, me and my other half do it all the time that is why she can be found laying a patio and me, cooking our Lunch, I haven't got an eye for straight lines and she can burn water! :rofl: