Isolation switches

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Some time ago (maybe even on GSM?), someone posted some info and pics of the way that they had fixed isolation switches for sidings to the actual sleepers at the side of the track. Was it Spike???

Anyhoo, if anyone recognises this, could you post it again please as I'd like to copy the idea on my new storage sidings.

Thanks.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
yb281 said:
Some time ago (maybe even on GSM?), someone posted some info and pics of the way that they had fixed isolation switches for sidings to the actual sleepers at the side of the track. Was it Spike???

Anyhoo, if anyone recognises this, could you post it again please as I'd like to copy the idea on my new storage sidings.

Thanks.
I seem to remember that the switch was mounted in a sleeper and somehow glued or plastic welded on the side of the track Mel. The sleeper may have been cut down to fit sideways between the sleepers of the track.

And I reckon the thread was posted on GSM, so it may not exist anymore....

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Gizzy said:
yb281 said:

Thanks.
I seem to remember that the switch was mounted in a sleeper and somehow glued or plastic welded on the side of the track Mel. The sleeper may have been cut down to fit sideways between the sleepers of the track.

And I reckon the thread was posted on GSM, so it may not exist anymore....

That's the one mate, yes. I've got it in my head that it was Spike that posted it, I'll PM him.

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
yb281 said:

Thanks.

Yes I did do some like that......PM sent.

Here are the beasties
I don't claim any originality it just seemed the easiest thing to do at the time. :D
secswitch.jpg