Interrail suspended train system for G Scale 30'x10'

TTaannggss

Hates T.P.& r1Cur. Retired for 3 after 40 in Hosp.
29 Jan 2022
Sarnia
Best answers
Country flag
Who would you tip? The train engineer?

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
If you're ever in Northallerton town centre in North Yorkshire, Barker's department store has a loop of track running round just below ceiling height in a bay off their main restaurant. Backdrop and loco and rolling stock vary according to the season.

Note, it is the town centre store and not the edge of town furniture store.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
This one ?

I think there is something similar at Wernigerode in the Harz. But I may be wrong. Max
Yep that's the one. The actual food wasn't anything to write home about, but reasonably priced. But then again we didn't go for the gourmet experience :rofl:
I, like most people tried to see how the trains were held on to the tracks, you can't lift them obviously, I'm pretty sure they must be attached to the 2 lengths of wire inside the track, but how it works I've no idea. Anyone know?

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yep that's the one. The actual food wasn't anything to write home about, but reasonably priced. But then again we didn't go for the gourmet experience :rofl:
I, like most people tried to see how the trains were held on to the tracks, you can't lift them obviously, I'm pretty sure they must be attached to the 2 lengths of wire inside the track, but how it works I've no idea. Anyone know?
We also visited last year on my stag do. Best man did well with the planning. I posted to Instagram and got several hundred thousand views on the video! I was super curious about the dispatch software but couldn't find anyone with that level of interest to talk about it

David Palmeter

Fun in the Central Hoosier Flatlands
7 Dec 2017
Noblesville IN
palmeter.com
Best answers
Country flag
We also visited last year on my stag do. Best man did well with the planning. I posted to Instagram and got several hundred thousand views on the video! I was super curious about the dispatch software but couldn't find anyone with that level of interest to talk about it
Here is a video of that same restaurant narrated in English and showing much more of how it is operated:

Reactions: 1 user

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for sharing - excellent find. They seem to use Train Controller for the dispatch. When we were there last summer - the dishes are now also delivered by the trains!

Sorry, I've contributed to the usual GSC thread drift. I'll return everyone to the topic of suspended railways :)