GSC Moderator
27 Oct 2011
Adelaide, South Australia
trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LGB-10000/273002686888?epid=2256107166&hash=item3f903a69a8:g:DVAAAOSwcexZpf6D

This appears to be for one piece of 300mm LGB track; now I've got dozens, OK they're used, but I wonder what I could get?
It looks to be for 12 - which equates £6.96 per length. Some of the prices on UK ebay make you think they are made of gold - and I'm talking Welsh gold (as in rare as rocking horse ......)! They just keep relisting again and again! Don't they look at the market prices?

Reactions: mike
dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
It looks to be for 12 - which equates £6.96 per length. Some of the prices on UK ebay make you think they are made of gold - and I'm talking Welsh gold (as in rare as rocking horse ......)! They just keep relisting again and again! Don't they look at the market prices?
GRS Price £6.24 per length, so considering this Ebay offer is in Auz perhaps it is not so unreasonable?

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Registered
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
If you wanted new straight track it's cheaper to get PIKO e.g. 320mm for £4.79 from topslots

trammayo

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
GRS Price £6.24 per length, so considering this Ebay offer is in Auz perhaps it is not so unreasonable?
I wasn't saying that particular BIN was expensive - rather that there were some ebay (would-be) sellers who had ridiculously over-priced track on offer.

Reactions: mike and Andy D
LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
I wasn't saying that particular BIN was expensive - rather that there were some ebay (would-be) sellers who had ridiculously over-priced track on offer.
Did you spot the carefully opened empty LGB plastic bags the other day, selling at around £3.00 a bag dam I just rip mine open all that money I have lost o_Oo_O

Reactions: mike and trammayo
trammayo

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Did you spot the carefully opened empty LGB plastic bags the other day, selling at around £3.00 a bag dam I just rip mine open all that money I have lost o_Oo_O
Yes - I couldn't believe it. Empty LGB loco and rolling stock boxes maybe - but bags?

stockers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
mardy

mardy

Registered
10 Jun 2016
Brisbane. Australia
And folk here ask why I deal with 'Top Slot' your side of the river...............Regards all, Mardy

Thomas Lambo

Thomas Lambo

RC, wood craftsmanship & culinary arts
7 Aug 2016
Southern California
Well, last time I priced it new track on my end of town will cost me about $7.00 a foot. I'll be picking up Piko 10 foot sections of flex track for about $70.00 each. This can't be shipped in the conventional mail so I'll get it directly from my local GR dealer.

I can fully appreciate why most RR hobbyist's stay indoors with smaller scale trains :)

Last edited:
stockers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
It does clearly state 12 in the blurb.
Never purchased any new track - all mine came secondhand and about half the going price for new.

A

alecescolme

Trains, Model Engineering, Cars
Code 332 is crazy expensive these days, only 8 years ago I paid £2.50 foot second hand, since then I sold it all and bought code 250 Peco, cheaper and better looking...
Who even buys LGB boxes anyway, I have some under the house, slowly rotting from damp...

Eaglecliff

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Ooooh! An LGB rail joiner (just the one, mind, and it’s the last one left) - only TEN POUNDS,!!
Advertised as new, but has clearly been wrenched from its parent track.

Thomas Lambo

Thomas Lambo

RC, wood craftsmanship & culinary arts
7 Aug 2016
Southern California
spoz,

Looks like some good input....a bit off subject, but considering my other interests can I assume you're an H. Rider Haggard fan :)