HSBA Garden Railway

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Country flag
Good clear video of the train. What camera did you use?

I like the waterfall and lake, too. Adds a lot of interest to the lower loop.
I used my phone. It's an iPhone 13. I've been really impressed by the camera on it!

Thank you! The waterfall needs building up some more and when it's planted I hope it has the effect I want!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
I used my phone. It's an iPhone 13. I've been really impressed by the camera on it!

Thank you! The waterfall needs building up some more and when it's planted I hope it has the effect I want!
Both iPhone and iPad these days take great pictures and movie. Rarely use anything else these days on my models. Plus I use them rather than a scanner as well.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Country flag
In the picture, you'll see a previous attempt of mine to bend a rail by hand (bottom) and with a rail bender (top)....
You should be able to use the rail bender to re-radius the hand bent track Curtis....

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
You should be able to use the rail bender to re-radius the hand bent track Curtis....
Indeed rail benders are superb for sorting out wrong/poorly done bends and even making curves back to straights.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Country flag
Indeed rail benders are superb for sorting out wrong/poorly done bends and even making curves back to straights.
Yes, I straightened some ART curves that my late father brought for me just before he passed away.

I was determined to use the track on my layout somewhere, so they were 'unbent' and used in Pip's Yard.... thumbnail_20200523_165649.jpg

Last edited:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Country flag
You have been working hard