How do you catalog your collection?

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
So, that does indeed explain the word you used, "immediately", and I apologize for giving you a bit of a hard time. That is a LOT of stuff to take out for every running session. I am definitely not in that boat, that is a lot of work! From setting a 40 car freight, my thighs hurt like the dickens the next day, no way could I take everything out, and my feeble mind could not mentally inventory all the rolling stock. I can remember how many locos, and if one is missing (although I just found 2 more USAT warbonnets in the garage yesterday), but all the freight cars, no way, I need a list to help me, and of course if one is missing which one is missing.

But I see you actually have a computer assist program which indeed is at the very least a database... sir, you are herewith busted ha ha!

(all in good fun to be sure!!!!)

Greg

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
So, that does indeed explain the word you used, "immediately", and I apologize for giving you a bit of a hard time. That is a LOT of stuff to take out for every running session. I am definitely not in that boat, that is a lot of work! From setting a 40 car freight, my thighs hurt like the dickens the next day, no way could I take everything out, and my feeble mind could not mentally inventory all the rolling stock. I can remember how many locos, and if one is missing (although I just found 2 more USAT warbonnets in the garage yesterday), but all the freight cars, no way, I need a list to help me, and of course if one is missing which one is missing.

But I see you actually have a computer assist program which indeed is at the very least a database... sir, you are herewith busted ha ha!

(all in good fun to be sure!!!!)

Greg

In bold Greg is why we older folk start to elevate our layouts
Personally I do not think I even have 40 wagons/carriages in my whole inventory that many would almost see my train drivers looking at the guards van as they went around. ;);)

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Fortunately, I have storage sidings in the garage and so I can pull everything out and deploy it (apart from the locos which I keep in the house). Even so, it can take an hour to set everything up (or just under 5 minutes in this hi tech world ..... ;) )

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Fortunately, I have storage sidings in the garage and so I can pull everything out and deploy it (apart from the locos which I keep in the house). Even so, it can take an hour to set everything up (or just under 5 minutes in this hi tech world ..... ;) )

Rik
Seen this before but always a good watch, love the Charlie Chaplin walks!

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
You're right, most of us don't need a database - except Mike and Kent Keith :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If you think about it..
We are doing it the easy way.
We just have to rember what we don't have..

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

Rik
Mmm ................... is that station Clochemerle by any chance? :nerd::nerd::nerd:

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Mmm ................... is that station Clochemerle by any chance? :nerd::nerd::nerd:
These puns are not only becoming more subtle, they are becoming bi-lingual .....;):D

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
These puns are not only becoming more subtle, they are becoming bi-lingual .....;):D
There was quite a long running series in Continental Modeller years ago about a beautifully detailed French layout entitled Clochmerle :nod: :nod:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
There was quite a long running series in Continental Modeller years ago about a beautifully detailed French layout entitled Clochmerle :nod: :nod:
For some reason, when you mentioned Clochemerle, I thought of this video. It's not Clochemerle but it is a mighty fine video of an enchanting little railway

Rik

Ralphmp

Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag

Did it include the public urinal? ;)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Wouldn't "mais oui!" be more appropriate?

Considering the subject-matter.. :nerd::giggle::giggle:
I don't think I would want to consider the subject matter :tmi::tmi: