Converting an LGB track cleaning loco from dcc to RC

adamski

Registered
14 Jul 2016
kent
Best answers
Country flag
Good afternoon all

I was wondering if anybody had converted an Lgb track cleaning loco to RC as I would like to try this. I don't want to convert all my loco from DCC but thought if I can convert one of my old track cleaning locos to battery power that would be great as we can send it round 1st to clean the track ready for running our dcc locos . I am 3d printing a rail head treatment rolling stock to house the batteries and receiver in and will build a loom from the track cleaning loco back to the wagon behind. The question Iam not sure of is what is the best system to do this is there also say an app version I could use to control the loco. I am not worried about the flashing lights just want to control forward and reverse speed for the driving motor and the same for the wheel cleaning motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Ada

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I wouls suggest you contact Steve at Fosworks, he likely has done one or two so will understand your battery and other requirements. Fosworks does do DCC RC so no problem there, plus if you get the right TX you would be able to drive other Battery conversions using it.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I assume you men DC battery power

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
I wouls suggest you contact Steve at Fosworks, he likely has done one or two so will understand your battery and other requirements. Fosworks does do DCC RC so no problem there, plus if you get the right TX you would be able to drive other Battery conversions using it.
Silly question - Does LGB's MTS/MTZ work the same as other mainstream DCC cards ? I have a number of locos that are battery powered using ESU V5 DCC cards and can vouch for the Fosworks RC DCC TX/RX's. You can control up to 12 DCC selectable functions on each loco with these. Max

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Silly question - Does LGB's MTS/MTZ work the same as other mainstream DCC cards ? I have a number of locos that are battery powered using ESU V5 DCC cards and can vouch for the Fosworks RC DCC TX/RX's. You can control up to 12 DCC selectable functions on each loco with these. Max
With the Fosworks TX you can (with the Tx I Have) control 1-12, but later Tx I think do more but each button is for a number. Thus certain higher sounds may not be available.