Hi from Kings Lynn Norfolk UK

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
I was expecting chats from around the world....
Seems the carrier Pidgeon was battling a headwind delivering you message to New Zealand. Yeah, g'day. Beware of the humour anywhere east of the Greenwich meridian, it can be different, shall we say. Don't worry about it west of GMT, you won't understand it.

Two weeks to the Duck shooting season, already bagged a pair of Geese..... we once had a Goose Shoot at my Taita Gorge Railway.

DSC_0419 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, cue battery powered geese >:) >:) >:)

DSCF1947.JPG

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Seems the carrier Pidgeon was battling a headwind delivering you message to New Zealand. Yeah, g'day. Beware of the humour anywhere east of the Greenwich meridian, it can be different, shall we say. Don't worry about it west of GMT, you won't understand it.

Two weeks to the Duck shooting season, already bagged a pair of Geese..... we once had a Goose Shoot at my Taita Gorge Railway.

View attachment 297518

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Gavin, if you can catch the ducks, they are fantastic for remove slugs in the garden. But not very good with shot in them. Now i like a Chinese duck, but one of their favoured foods is slugs, i'm not so sure now. I have a electrician biker friend down your way in the bay of plenty area. Sound like his humour would like this forum. He is just not into trains.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I am still in early stages of planning with the garden & using the Micron equipment was more to do with size of what will fit in my on30 scale layout , but the Fosworks looks interesting for the garden side. I am also looking at the possibility's of wireless inductive charging for my project.
But all in the planning stage at the moment. I haven't even decided if to have the track as ground based or a raised layout. If raised, it quite likely be with scaffold tubing like the image as its very flexible with my garden not being the most level..
This i find the fun part with designing & the build.
View attachment 297513
Scaffold pole is a very viable option but can be expensive. Others have used square drainpipe and crosspieces much as you propose with scaffold. The drainpipes are remarkably strong but if you have doubts below ground thin rods and concrete can be put inside to give a stronger structure. The cement would only need to come just above ground level.my line is mostly wood or rockeries, have a look at my construction thread linked below.

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Scaffold pole is a very viable option but can be expensive. Others have used square drainpipe and crosspieces much as you propose with scaffold. The drainpipes are remarkably strong but if you have doubts below ground thin rods and concrete can be put inside to give a stronger structure. The cement would only need to come just above ground level.my line is mostly wood or rockeries, have a look at my construction thread linked below.
Hi, the only reason for scaffold poles was the flexibility. At the moment i have an area of 21 X 30m to play with & is basically lawn. Now this was all level about five years ago, but has sunk in areas over the last few years & was hopping the scaffold might give me some flexibility over the next few years in adjustments to level up again if needed.

TTaannggss

Hates T.P.& r1Cur. Retired for 3 after 40 in Hosp.
29 Jan 2022
Sarnia
Best answers
Country flag
Hi there. Nice train

Gavin Sowry

27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Gavin, if you can catch the ducks, they are fantastic for remove slugs in the garden. But not very good with shot in them. Now i like a Chinese duck, but one of their favoured foods is slugs, i'm not so sure now. I have a electrician biker friend down your way in the bay of plenty area. Sound like his humour would like this forum. He is just not into trains.

My Brother, Nephew, and Grandson are the ones in our family into that shooting game (Nephew is a Ranger). Did a bit of shooting in the States with my BiL, hunting pheasants out in South Dakota.
I found that if you shoot them between the eyes, you won't end up spitting out buckshot when you eat them. Mind you, when it comes to poultry, I find it cheaper, and more convenient to pay a visit to my friend Harland.

TTaannggss

29 Jan 2022
Sarnia
Best answers
Country flag
My Brother, Nephew, and Grandson are the ones in our family into that shooting game (Nephew is a Ranger). Did a bit of shooting in the States with my BiL, hunting pheasants out in South Dakota.
I found that if you shoot them between the eyes, you won't end up spitting out buckshot when you eat them. Mind you, when it comes to poultry, I find it cheaper, and more convenient to pay a visit to my friend Harland.
I just find it easier to just go to the grocery store

Gavin Sowry

27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
I just find it easier to just go to the grocery store

But my friend Harland serves up cooked chook, mashed spuds with gravy, and side of seasoned rabbit tucker, all washed down with a derivative of phosphoric acid and aerated water. Oh, and we get fries with that, too.

TTaannggss

29 Jan 2022
Sarnia
Best answers
Country flag
And I heard that Granny serves up an awesome Possum Pie.

Rod Fearnley

Santa Fe and Burlington Northern at amalgamation
29 Oct 2009
Mid Norfolk
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, i am hopping you guys can help with some RC Battery train modelling. I have started with an 70met twin indoor ON30 scale shelf track that was being fitted with DCC, but this i am going to make RC Battery instead using Micron Radio Control & RCT-Rx65. to control the trains & then wifi to control everything else. It seems to be simpler & even better, less expensive. I use a 4 relay wifi board at around £9/$7.20 & an online control panel that is around the same price per year that i can use via my computer/laptop/phone & even Alexa. Images bellow.
Now once i have the indoor one fully working, I hope to use the same format in the G scale 45mm garden layout of around 50met of track.
Look forward to chatting.

View attachment 297455
View attachment 297448
I use R/c, battery onboard on my garden railway. I use the American AirWire system. Great range and many functions available. I live just a few miles outside Dereham, so not too far from you.

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I use R/c, battery onboard on my garden railway. I use the American AirWire system. Great range and many functions available. I live just a few miles outside Dereham, so not too far from you.
Hi Rod,
i see i found a good forum & should make life a bit easier for all my RC questions. Dereham is only 23 mile away & i use a clay shoot at Beeston quite often. But if i am going ahead with the garden rail, i will have to cut back on a few things. :( Did you buy your Airwire in the UK or the states. If the UK, have you a link. Thanks.