Help With LGB 65000 Sound Unit Please

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Cv value 195 needs to be set to 4 for the chuff sensor to work. You are still running on voltage input. I power mine with a 9 volt battery chuffs from the start.
Hi - Guess you didn't notice that you responded to a non-active, very old Year 2020 posting. I've done it myself once or twice, too!

MaidaVale

Registered
13 Sep 2023
Perth
Best answers
Country flag
I know this is an old post but a lot of relevance in this thread to my question. I have a NCE power cab and I can’t seem to read or write to my LGB 65000 card. Just wondering if there may be a compatibility issue or something else I’m doing wrong. The controller runs the card but I can’t seem to change any of the CV values. I’m trying to activate the chuff sensor or adjust the auto chuff. Thanks Kym

MaidaVale

Registered
13 Sep 2023
Perth
Best answers
Country flag
I know this is an old post but a lot of relevance in this thread to my question. I have a NCE power cab and I can’t seem to read or write to my LGB 65000 card. Just wondering if there may be a compatibility issue or something else I’m doing wrong. The controller runs the card but I can’t seem to change any of the CV values. I’m trying to activate the chuff sensor or adjust the auto chuff. Thanks Kym
Disregard, I’ve fixed it, the Hall effect sensor on the Aristocraft is wired differently to the Lgb 65000, once I had the wiring corrected it automatically connected

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Tried that. I think the sound unit must be brain dead.....:giggle:
Reading that linked previous post (see blue link post #3) a revision of CV3 and 4 can alter the chuff rate.

I did it on my Corpet which has one of these units fitted. But you must update the sound decoder settings with it not connected to the loco. The 2 CV instructions sort of say this, but you need to get your head round you are talking about the sound unit and forget the loco chip for that moment in time.

If you want to update loco speed profile, do it again without the sound chip connected.