help with FRR diesel-digital version please

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
i run analog-i have no clue at all about decoders or digital so please if you can help-presume the knowledge base of your mother in law

i own a 22190 "Jonny" diesel-the blue on ewith silver roof- -it has a small plate/assembly 'box' at the front of the chassis-under the bottom motor plate- with some connecting points and color indicators-( by contrast my analog FRR chloe, olomano and others of same basic design do not have this plate-so i presume its a decoder related thing-)

i would like to add lighting to my little Diesel and would like to know if this plate has a 5v-(or whatever) - connection (something i can use other than straight track voltage) for my light-any guidance would be appreciated-this plaste i reference has 4 color indicated posts-ws-ge-gn-br- which are connected to the chassis motor wiring pins-

as this FRR diesel is bare bones-no smoke-no lights-no sounds-etc-but i presume that if this has posts they might be for these applications -there is a small receptacle plug on this board

i presume that it might, as my decoder porters, also digital, have 5 volt for smoke and lighting-and i presume LGB must have used a uniform sort of decoder-but then again -this is a FRR chassis-small and maybe im wrong on this presumption

afraid to test it as i dont want any issues with the decoder-

if anyone has this digital version of the loco and help, id be most grateful

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
and how would i do that?

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers
Steve,

download the decoder instructions (second link above) and there's information in there.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
i have read both and i didnt catch how to hook up lights to any posts/the decoder

-theres info on programming-but i run ananlog and dont have a MTS central station

my decoder doesnt look lije the one on the second publication-doesnt have a row of terminal screws-but dos have the same color input wires

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
my decoder doesnt look lije the one on the second publication-doesnt have a row of terminal screws-but dos have the same color input wires

I suspect that the image in the decoder instructions shows solder pads rather than terminal screws. Does your decoder have these?

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
As Neil has said, the 55022 decoder has solder pads not screw terminals. You can connect head/tail lights as shown on the last page of the decoder instructions in that link given earlier.

If you're not sure if it is a 55022 you've got, why not post a photo of it so that maybe someone can identify it for you?

HBBahn

Registered
21 Nov 2009
North Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Jonny doesn't exactly have a 55022.

It's a bespoke decoder which only appears in that loco (AFAIK).

There are no solder pads that I can see. However, there is what looks very like a standard Massoth lighting socket on the left of the decoder as you look at it from the front, still in the loco.

Sorry, can't provide any more details at the mo.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
so thats what that plug is for-ill give it a go!