Hello from New York

Belpaire

Registered
11 Mar 2022
Huntington, NY
Best answers
Country flag
Hello,

I've come across this site over the years and finally decided to join.

I've been into G scale since I got an LGB starter set in the late 1980's. My focus pretty quickly shifted toward live steam. Starting with a Mamod then a Roundhouse SR&RL #24. I built the “Denver” project locomotive, a simple pot boilered, single oscillating cylinder locomotive. A coal fired 0-4-0T and a Roundhouse Darjeeling B class rounds out the roster.

I have a small ground level loop that I haven’t used in years and has been taken over by nature. I’m hoping to get it serviceable this year and some locomotives in steam.

Roger

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Roger,
Welcome to the Forum!

Sounds like you know what you are doing! And have found a spark, to get back into it?

PhilP

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Roger. It will be interesting to see how things develop, which means pictures please. Enjoy the return.
Trevor

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Roger. Are you in any local groups, or even the 16mm Association?

Belpaire

Registered
11 Mar 2022
Huntington, NY
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Hopefully I get the chance to get the railway back in shape. I took the weedwacker to it this weekend to clear some of the ivy away. At points I had to feel around to locate the rails. I was surprised how much the tracks had shifted.

Roger

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Roger, refurbing an old railway can be a bit of a burden. Like why did I let it go like this? But worth it in the end. You might like to look at my builds below, a high level line if allowed makes life much easier if a little more trouble to build.

Belpaire

Registered
11 Mar 2022
Huntington, NY
Best answers
Country flag
I currently do not belong to any club. There is a local garden railway society which might be helpful to join at some point.

A raised line would be nice, although I do prefer the visual of a ground level track. Right now I would be happy enough to have something passable enough to run my little steamers on.

Roger

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Roger, it seems you have not been warned about the dodgy jokes yet ;), and more importantly photos, we love lots of photos so we can see what you are up to :)