Halfords red oxide aerosol

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Hi.
Was looking this up. I can see the liquid can of primer, but no aerosol. Do they still do it?

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Yes they do, 300 and 500 ml and 300 ml plastic primer. At present you need to order click and collect, or if deliverable (aerosols can sometimes be a problem for courier/post so may be blocked if that is your selected delivery method), to your.home. If you are doing c&c what is available will depend on the stock level in the selected store for pick up. I had to switch my collection from me nearest store, 7 miles away, to one 11 miles away to get the primers in the colours and can sizes I wanted as the order was was blown out at the local store. Halfords site auto selects the nearest store geographically based on the postcode you input. Max

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Brilliant. Thank you. I don't know why I couldn't find it but I can look again.
Best wishes,
Trevor

maxi-model

27 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Brilliant. Thank you. I don't know why I couldn't find it but I can look again.
Best wishes,
Trevor

Just to clarify - If you go on the Halfords website and select C&C then the site selects your nearest store automatically. It will then only show you products that are in stock at the time you logged on at that specific shop. You can override the store selector and chose any branch till you find the one most convenient to you that has the products you want in stock. Beware some stores are not always open even though the website has accepted your order for that store and given you a target date for fulfillment. Make sure you provide a mobile number so the store can text you to confirm the order is picked and ready to collect.

If you select home delivery Halfords website will only show you products that they will deliver directly. That is what I think has happened when you went to search for rattle can primers. I do not think they will deliver those, only the tins, probably to do with he risks of shipping those type of products with propellants. Max

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the clarification Max. I have a branch ten miles away that I can arrange collection with. Good of you to give such a comprehensive answer. Trevor

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the clarification Max. I have a branch ten miles away that I can arrange collection with. Good of you to give such a comprehensive answer. Trevor

The link below will take you straight to the product:

Regards,
Paul.

maxi-model

27 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
The link below will take you straight to the product:

Regards,
Paul.

Yes it will, but only if the selected store has it in stock at the time you looked for it for C&C. That was my experience with 2 "trips" in the last 5 weeks. I learned a lot from the 1st one, which included a call to a telephone customer service assistant who helpfully manually transferred my order from the "closed" store, I had originally selected and ordered from, to another open one - You cannot cancel or transfer a Halfords C&C order yourself online, only the selected store can cancel off an unfulfilled C&C order. Can you see the "catch 22" there ? And the "new" store short picked my order by 1 300 ml can of grey primer, could not check as it was handed over already bagged (online the original shop showed it had had run out of the 500 ml after 1 can so I had to select 2 x 300ml for the second 500ml I originally wanted). I never got the money back on that. The 2nd "trip" went much more smoothly and by then my local store was fully stocked with the items I wanted and was, more importantly, now "open".

Just to be totally analy retentive ( :D ) I noted when searching that Halfords do 4 different rattle can types of red oxide primer - The regular, the "Worksop" grade (whatever that is but it smells "old school", plastic and enamel. Only the first 2 mentioned come in the 500ml size. Then the same again in grey and also those you mix yourself in tins. You'll be glad to know I didn't get as far as the etch varieties. You could not get all the lines at all the shops, due partly to do with understandable stocking and stock control problems. So I had to hunt around on their website to find a reasonably handy Halfords outlet that had all I was looking for in one hit. I think as things progress Halfords will get their supply lines to the stores back up and running and will be able to regularise the store openings. But then again I think there are probably far more important things to deal with right now than making sure I can get paints in for my hobby ;) Max