For Those Of A Streetcar Disposition.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 users

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Thanks for thjose pics Martino, it looks as though it is fairly warm there>??
Quite cool here in N Wales today 12'C

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
It says at the top All Things Trams doesn't it? :nod::nod:

Reactions: 1 user

Martino

24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Currently 83F (28.3C) at 4:50. Not humid, so a good day for Streetcar spotting!

Andrew B. Middleton

Registered
22 Jun 2016
Beechworth VIC 3747
Best answers
They look like the New Orleans cars, but with the addition of wheelchair access back a little from the front doors.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
They look like the New Orleans cars, but with the addition of wheelchair access back a little from the front doors.
They will be I guess on the Riverside. The original line used to and I believe still has Green Cars like the LGB one. Not been to NO since 1998, but love the Trams. Last time I was there I stayed in a Hotel on Walnut just by Auduban Park. Had to use the St.Neots Charles Line cars to get into Town each day, oh my dear what a hardship! Love the pics Martino. Wish I lived in commuting distance of NO.
JonD

Martino

24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, indeed it was the Riverside line. What's great is that new Rampart Street line is running just along the north of the French Quarter with traditional green streetcars.

We are lucky living here in Northwest Florida, just 4 hours drive from NOLA. We go for long weekends about four times a year. Try to avoid the summer it gets too hot and humid, although having spent the last two weeks in the South of England, that was a bit over the top too! .....and no streetcars.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, indeed it was the Riverside line. What's great is that new Rampart Street line is running just along the north of the French Quarter with traditional green streetcars.

We are lucky living here in Northwest Florida, just 4 hours drive from NOLA. We go for long weekends about four times a year. Try to avoid the summer it gets too hot and humid, although having spent the last two weeks in the South of England, that was a bit over the top too! .....and no streetcars.
You must be pretty close to Pensacola? Loved the old line that went through the Streets to the docks. Had a ride in a Caboose offered by the very friendly Guard/Shunter when I visited in 1992. Dropped off ,1 Box Car to a siding along the way and carried out some shunting at the Harbour as I remember. Spect it has all gone now.

Pensacola Yard with the Box Car that was dropped off.
image.jpg
Running with the Transfer Caboose that I had a ride on.
image.jpg
Sorting out an itinerant point lever, note Loco just dumped in the highway.
image.jpg
JonD

Reactions: 1 users

Martino

24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, midway between Pensacola and Panama City. Both have dock systems still, although not being in either town I rarely see any action. The coast line runs north of us through Crestview. All freight at the moment (CSX) although there is a move to get the Amtrak New Orleans - Jacksonville service running again. There's little culture of passenger rail around here unfortunately.
I do have some photos of frieght on the line up along the Old Spanish Trail, but mostly see long slow moving trains when I'm driving on the Interstate so not ideal for grabbing photos!

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
On my second trip we traveled to Houston staying in Galverston for a few nights, what a great little Town with superb Tramway. Sadly it seams to get severely bashed whenever there is a nasty Tornado. Used the Ferry from Galverston then drove as close to the Coast as possible stopping anywhere there was some Railway interest. Both time ps stayed in NO a few days then again along the Coast stopping in Pensacola to continue along the Coast towards Orlando again stopping at any interesting Railway sites en route. Much more interesting than the IS, but of course much slower as well. But then I was on vacation so time was pretty imaterial.
JonD

Reactions: 1 user