Flashing lights on Train Engineer Transmitter don't stop ?

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Have just picked up a used Aristo Train Engineer Transmitter & Receiver in very good codition . The transmitter has the metal pull out ariel and has a ON/OFF switch where the speed button is on my old Transmitter , but i find when i switch it on the lights begin to flash on the channal thats set, have linked it to the receiver with no problems and find the light stays on when power up or down is pushed like my old one but as soon as i release the buttons the light begins to blink is this normal with this transmitter ?? Once finished i just switch to off which then stops the flashing .

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
No problem Richie, I always assumed that flashing LED feature was there to let you know it's switched on.

It'll switch itself off after a while to conserve the batteries, these units are a bit heavier on batteries than the older ones.

Some off them take a bit of waking up after they've gone to sleep. This is done by switching off and on again three or four times in quick succession. Aristo mention this in an addendum to the instructions so I assume that if you've got one that goes to sleep you'll have to accept it rather than look for a fix.

Another variation between transmitters is the function of the direction select buttons. On some versions pressing either changes the direction, on others each button is direction specific so repeated pressing doesn't alter the direction, you need to press the other button once to do that.

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Normal. If you don't press any button for a while as the train is running, the hand unit turns itself off (you'll have to time it to see how many minutes it is) - bit annoying if you don't notice and have to do an emergency stop. When or if it turns itself off, just press the on/off button to get it going again.

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Neil Robinson said:
I always assumed that flashing LED feature was there to let you know it's switched on.
It'll switch itself off after a while to conserve the batteries ...

About 10 minutes, and/or 5 seconds before you need to hit the brakes :mad:
I find this feature mildly irritating, but you just have to hit the throttle/brake every couple of minutes to keep the Tx awake, and keep an eye on that flashing light to make sure it hasn't gone snoozles.
I prefer the older Tx with no auto snooze and a flexible rubber-ducky antenna, but that was out of production by the time I wanted a second set :(

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Many thanks guys for all your help :clap: just wasn't sure if there was a problem with the transmitter as it came with no instruction's will have to keep an eye on this when running as i tend to just set a train going and leave it running for an hour or so when gardening i can see a few crashes in the furture :happy: