Elchhain Eisenbahn

Miguelito

Registered
8 Oct 2017
Elk Grove, Ca
Best answers
TRAIN.jpg TRAIN3.jpg TRAIN2.jpg TRAIN3.jpg TRAIN2.jpg The Elchhain Eisenbahn is under construction and, by jove, I believe I have figured out how to attach photos. The railway is indoors in one half of a garage and will be a semi-scale Austrian narrow gauge using LGB Stainz locomotives and 4-wheel cars (I need the small equipment to fit the space). The layout is modified from Plan 28 in 101 Track Plans For Model Railroaders. Locomotives are battery powered to eliminate the pick-up challenges of the small wheel base locomotives and the electrical issues with reversing loops (and, on a good day, I can take things outside). Thus far the table is complete and track is down. Wiring about half done. Have a couple of Pola buildings and some trees completed. Working to complete the electrical then start some scenery. Once complete i'll start converting everything to a more scale representation. Photos of progress to follow. Suggestions and opinions always and forever welcome.TRAIN.jpg TRAIN3.jpg TRAIN2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Miguelito

Registered
8 Oct 2017
Elk Grove, Ca
Best answers
Obviously some challenges with the photo attachments. To be corrected in the future.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Some excellent woodworking skills there. Well done. You'll have lots of fun with that layout. Can't quite tell if you have access around the back of the layout, or do you have access hatches in the baseboard?.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Nice work Miguelito.
Similar to the form of construction I'm using except I'm using mainly MDF for the boards instead of plywood.
Glad to see you have gone for multi-level operation too.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
...but where is the sky?????? Only kidding. If you have the space to run indoors, why not go for it. Me, I have room to maybe stand a Stainz on a piece of track, but I'd

Miguelito

Registered
8 Oct 2017
Elk Grove, Ca
Best answers
Some excellent woodworking skills there. Well done. You'll have lots of fun with that layout. Can't quite tell if you have access around the back of the layout, or do you have access hatches in the baseboard?.

Actually, no way to get to the back. Hatch on the right, left is the river bed which might do. I was able to climb on the bench work (all 200 lbs.) so that may be some of the solution. I'm trusting (hoping) the right access will do the mountain area and the river (flat areas) can be reached. We'll see........................
Thanks for the encouragement.