Deltang radio control

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I've taken a pic of the top end of the layout that goes around the raised fish pond. It then goes behind the shed and down to a small summer house where it has a station. Then further down the garden and ends up in the workshop. I hope to pursuade the wife to send down cups of tea!
View attachment 261311
I'm sure the tea will arrive if there are suitably shaped wagons - I've had a glass of wine sent down on a flat wagon before now >:)>:)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Another day..

DSC02219.JPG

Another Drewry! ;)

DSC02226.JPG

Just wish I could get better pictures.. :(

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Oi vay - is that yours?

No.. It goes 'home' tomorrow. :)

Later chassis, but still noisey.. :(
The motor has a shaft at both ends.. Needs a little trimming off, so the body (with speaker) can slide back for removal.

MickyF

Registered
24 Aug 2019
Essex
Best answers
'We' are in contact.. Should not be long.
PhilP.

Though the most confusing part at the moment, is there are too many "Mick's, Mick(e)y's, and Mike's" I am dealing with! :rofl:
T'is getting a little confusing, which 'Mick' etc. is which, and who wants what! :(o_O;)
Hi Phil, I'm MickF and would love to get my hands on the deltang bits! Train is all stripped down now and ready for transplant!

MickyF

Registered
24 Aug 2019
Essex
Best answers
Hi Phil, I'm MickF and would love to get my hands on the deltang bits! Train is all stripped down now and ready for transplant!
Don't even know my own name! MickyF!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
No.. It goes 'home' tomorrow. :)

Later chassis, but still noisey.. :(
The motor has a shaft at both ends.. Needs a little trimming off, so the body (with speaker) can slide back for removal.
It may just be mechanical noises amplified through the chassis components - can happen. Does it have a gearhead motor arrangement?

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
It may just be mechanical noises amplified through the chassis components - can happen. Does it have a gearhead motor arrangement?

Motor has a rubber-drive (bit of thick-wall tubing) between the output shaft, and the gearbox (on the centre axle.
Reports are it is a little hit-or-miss, as to if you get a noisy one? - The rubber 'universal-joint wears, and you lose drive eventually.. A replacement Stainless Steel (or Nylon) universal joint can be fitted.

If you really want to go to town:
Roger Hine will take your original chassis, and 'breath' on it. - Build new mechanical's on it..

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Motor has a rubber-drive (bit of thick-wall tubing) between the output shaft, and the gearbox (on the centre axle.
Reports are it is a little hit-or-miss, as to if you get a noisy one? - The rubber 'universal-joint wears, and you lose drive eventually.. A replacement Stainless Steel (or Nylon) universal joint can be fitted.

If you really want to go to town:
Roger Hine will take your original chassis, and 'breath' on it. - Build new mechanical's on it..
That's a shame, as the new metal chassis was supposed to be a big improvement on the old plastic one.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
That's a shame, as the new metal chassis was supposed to be a big improvement on the old plastic one.

I have only this one example to go on..

Others, I have heard running, seem to be noisy as well.. :rolleyes:
It (the noise) has quite put me off the idea of buying one.. :(

No way of knowing if those I have seen running had the old chassis. Or if this particular model, is just a noisy example.
YMMV, of course.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I have a couple of Essel chassis - they're not Rolls Royce quiet - it's partly the structure-borne noise with metal gears and metal chassis.

2-stage gearboxes quieten things down a fair bit - Rolls Royce silky smooth, in fact, but require so much more room :(