DCC issue with isolation sections

M

mikeked

Registered
20 Jun 2017
stourbridge west midlands
Can someone help, I'm using LGB central station mk. 2 with parrarel fuction to operate LGB control boxes for points, isolation track and lighting,
but when send engines through the isolation track in reverse the speed control does not operate and they go through at high speed, forward motion is controlable.
I run DCC and analogue engines. At the moment i am looking for a 52750 LGB booster box to boost the control boxes.
I'm very reluctant to change to a newer system as track pick up as not been a problem and i like to run engines unattended.
I run LGB ,Aritstocraft, gauge one and 16mm live steam adjusted to 45mm track the last two options i attend to.,All my track is LGB g gauge.
As LGB do not sell this central station now are there ways of supplementing this system with out great expense.

muns

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
Can someone help, I'm using LGB central station mk. 2 with parrarel fuction to operate LGB control boxes for points, isolation track and lighting,
but when send engines through the isolation track in reverse the speed control does not operate and they go through at high speed, forward motion is controlable.
I run DCC and analogue engines. At the moment i am looking for a 52750 LGB booster box to boost the control boxes.
I'm very reluctant to change to a newer system as track pick up as not been a problem and i like to run engines unattended.
I run LGB ,Aritstocraft, gauge one and 16mm live steam adjusted to 45mm track the last two options i attend to.,All my track is LGB g gauge.
As LGB do not sell this central station now are there ways of supplementing this system with out great expense.
Please explain what you mean by isolation track?

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Big assumptions here but I think he means the Isolated bit of the return loop where the LGB Box auto reverses polarity. If so it sounds like the Reverce Loop Module May be faulty?

To properly assist some LGB Numbers of Parts and more information would be helpful.

M

mikeked

Registered
20 Jun 2017
stourbridge west midlands
Thanks for your help on this, part no. are as follows:
central statin 550050 with p sticker on the base, transformer 50110 ac wires to control boxes.
control boxes are 51750 with flip switches for pionts
and 51800 with on off switches to cut off power from isolated sections of track
I have hand held 55016 with p stickers on the base for engine control.
All is L.G.B.
As i have 4 control boxes i'm looking for a 52750 booster to help power these
Would a 550090 central statin booster box be more useful.
I"m reluctant to change this systems because of the extra cost .but i'm more than willing to your suggestions

muns

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
Ok, with DCC isolated sections (i.e. ones that can be switched off) are not needed as DCC keeps power to the track at all times and it is the decoder in the locomotive that decodes a signal from the central station to tell it to stop and go. Leave the isolated sections powered.

Have you got any section breaks that have diodes? Maybe you had a automatic reversing unit at one time? If so then these will block the dcc signal and can cause weird stuff to happen.

(I'm going to break this into a new topic if I can work out how and come up with a new title)

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Mike, you mention in your original post that you run both DCC and analogue locos - do you operate your analogue locos under "address 0" with your DCC controller, or do you sometimes switch your system over to a purely analogue controller when you want to run your analogue locos?

I think we are all a little bit confused as to exactly what your question means? As Mark says above, isolated sections are not needed under DCC operation (even if you're using the Address 0 function to run a single analogue loco), but if you do sometimes run your layout under analogue control then I can understand why you still have the isolated sections.

If you can explain a little more, then I'm sure that between everyone on here we can probably help you!

Jon.

wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
I guess wangrudd got as many responses as he could... so new topic...

I would guess "isolation track" = "programming track"

Greg
Nothing to do with me.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Right, I was stating that it appears you are not going to get any further responses to your original post, and I hope you got your question answered.

Greg

Sorry, you've lost me on this one Greg - what original post are you referring to, presumably one in another thread entirely?

Jon.

muns

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Ahh, OK - thanks Muns, that makes sense now - I hadn't realised (or had forgotten..... who am I again...?) that this wasn't an all-new thread started by Mikeked's post.
OK Greg, your post now makes much more sense in context!

So we're now working on how to solve Mikeked's problem, if we can get some more details to help us all understand exactly what is going on.....?

Jon.

Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
ROGER!! Thanks Jon and Mark.... I was beginning to see double! :giggle:

I agree, sure sound like diodes unless we are also talking address 0 stuff...

Will be interested to see the answers from the OP

Greg

Last edited: