Creality ender 3 pro

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I am also looking at one of these fancy gadgets. Never too young too learn something new. I am keen to make my own link and pin couplers. The cost of the number I want will easily cover the cost of a printer. And it seems the can print styrene as well

That's why I bought my first one, I wanted 5 signal's and two signal boxes, so that easy covered the cost of the printer. They can print with lots of different materials , but not all printers can print every material straight out of the box, they multiply by the way, I have three :)

Reactions: 1 user

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Just for your information, doing a large print,, and it's late.. Hours to go..
So I tried the pause print option..
Turned power off whent to bed... Turn it back on in the morning..
Resume print?
Nice!!

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
From Thingverse, these should be enough to whet the appetite.....

Been working through and printing with some of these designs that are listed below, as part of a familiarisation of the Ender3 machine, including bed levelling, temperature of the printing bed, various control settings, experimentation with PLA Filament optimum temperature, and the Creality Slicer Software selecting different levels of printing, very much an ongoing learning experience, continual practise and learning from each and every single printing.....

G Scale Bench by GM73

SlashDev, 15 designs windows, doors, etc. He is also a Garden Railway enthusiast....

Rob859, LGB Passenger car seats, and a LGB Hall Effect Sensor mount.

Dan Gilchrist

dagnall53, Richard Clutterbuck.

swatty007, Martin Niehoff.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Wow still looking through this little lot, this is what got to me a G Scale Flexicity Tram in G. Now that is a desirable object. But the amount of stuff for us is bewildering and superb. Beginning to think that now worth the worry of learning 3d Cad, just get to grips with using a machine and download the drawings.

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
A couple of questions, before I 'jump in'
(Mike) why did you decide to buy from the company you did? There appears to be many machines for sale on Amazon but are they all the same??
In my reasearch, there seems to be a few updates with machines, how can you tell if you are buying one that has the latest updates?
Also, the sd cards, can you get more than one file on a card ? Do you need a collection of cards so that , say you build a window frame, you print 3 or 4 for a project then some doors etc but then you need more window frames of the previous design, have the then got to load up the card again? It seems to me that it would be worth keeping a collection of cards with files that you use regularly?
I have the authority to go ahead and get a printer, please reply soon before she changes her mind!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.......( I am worried as to what I may be asked to create!!!!)

Dave

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
TF micro cards come in various sizes for data storage, and depending on the size of the card and of the file to print, the simple answer would be yes, multiple files can/could be stored on a single TF card, the Ender3 has the facility to scroll through the card and to pick which one to print.

My preferred option, somewhat long in the tooth in years as far as computers go, never trust the storage medium for long term continual use!

I still have stuff stored that originates back to the 1980's including my first ever program file that was written in BASIC on a Sinclair ZX 80, (ZX80 - Wikipedia) which eventually became a commercial program for a Blue Chip company listed on the London Stock Exchange.

I keep all important data and files in off/on line data storage, local as in hard disk, SD Cards, USB sticks, CD/DVD writer, external hard drives either attached to a computer or hung off the back of the router, or on the Cloud, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, etc, free to store, my kind a price.

As far as 3D printing goes, I just select the files I need, store them locally, and either if using Windows 7 connect via USB, or copy onto a blank formatted TF card and away I go.

As said, long in the tooth, prevention is better than cure as far as storing data is concerned, equally I save modifications to any file as Grandfather (the original file) Father as (the modified file), and Son as (the working copy file).

As for the actual printer, I trusted Mike's judgement and his real world experiences, so I would give the Ender3 a resounding yes.

For suppliers and supplies, again I trusted the judgement and knowledge of a very dear long term friend, who is/was a retired Engineer with some 60 odd years as a draughtsman, CAD designer, CNC designer and operator, and now a fully fledged upstanding member of the 3D printing community.

My machine and supplies came from here........

Creality3D Ender 3 3D Printer

PS: Go for it.........can always blame Mike at a later date, his shoulders are broad enough!:)

Last edited:

Tanker man

10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks (the shed) ........one thing I forgot to ask, I guess all of the relevant software will work on an iMac?
Dave

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
Unfortunately the iMac is an unknown, can't answer the question directly, although I did find this,
Ender-3 for Dummies, hopefully will be of some use to you.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry was late up..
I decided on the ender 3 Pro because someone I know has one, it was highly recommended to me by a other person, unrelated.. And a good friend was going to buy one, it, seemed a good idea to get the same one, as we could both learn from each others mistakes ect,
AS to were from.. The company is known to me, I've dealt with them previously, and had good service, still do.. I'm buying filament from them..
The sd card as previously mention can carry meny files, and yes I'm doing the same thing.. Looking at thingyverse and downloading ll the files I find on it.. At this rate, I'm going to need a nother printer..
I'm learning to use different programs to achieve what I want,, the slicer program included, cupa, and Windows 10 3d maker tool.. To cut others 3d designs, and use bits I want..
Windows, crates, benches, even full locos and coaches in g scale are on there... Pluss we can upscale other 3d designs

Tanker man

10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Mike, I think that has clinched the deal! .............coffe first , then get on and order one
Cheers
Dave

Tanker man

10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
'Tis done!!.................I am officially about to become a member of the 'Ender' club!
Dave

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
TF micro cards come in various sizes for data storage, and depending on the size of the card and of the file to print, the simple answer would be yes, multiple files can/could be stored on a single TF card, the Ender3 has the facility to scroll through the card and to pick which one to print.

My preferred option, somewhat long in the tooth in years as far as computers go, never trust the storage medium for long term continual use!

I still have stuff stored that originates back to the 1980's including my first ever program file that was written in BASIC on a Sinclair ZX 80, (ZX80 - Wikipedia) which eventually became a commercial program for a Blue Chip company listed on the London Stock Exchange.

I keep all important data and files in off/on line data storage, local as in hard disk, SD Cards, USB sticks, CD/DVD writer, external hard drives either attached to a computer or hung off the back of the router, or on the Cloud, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, etc, free to store, my kind a price.

As far as 3D printing goes, I just select the files I need, store them locally, and either if using Windows 7 connect via USB, or copy onto a blank formatted TF card and away I go.

As said, long in the tooth, prevention is better than cure as far as storing data is concerned, equally I save modifications to any file as Grandfather (the original file) Father as (the modified file), and Son as (the working copy file).

As for the actual printer, I trusted Mike's judgement and his real world experiences, so I would give the Ender3 a resounding yes.

For suppliers and supplies, again I trusted the judgement and knowledge of a very dear long term friend, who is/was a retired Engineer with some 60 odd years as a draughtsman, CAD designer, CNC designer and operator, and now a fully fledged upstanding member of the 3D printing community.

My machine and supplies came from here........

Creality3D Ender 3 3D Printer

PS: Go for it.........can always blame Mike at a later date, his shoulders are broad enough!:)
Apart from the price, what's the difference between your printer and Mike's 'pro' version please?

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers
Apart from the price, what's the difference between your printer and Mike's 'pro' version please?

The big points are an upgraded chassis (More rigidity improves the quality and accuracy of the prints) and a branded, higher quality power supplys (better warm up times, improved long term reliability). The one that would clinch it for me is the magnetic print bed. With the lower quality machines people often struggle with getting the printed part to stick to the bed while it is being built. Further to this, once it has stuck succesfully it can then be difficult to remove the part. The pro has a flexible magnetic base design to adhere to the materials. When you're finished printing, pull the whole base off and peel it away from the part.

Ender 3 vs. ENder 3 Pro

Creality is a company I've been watching for a long time, waiting for the right price. I'm currently trying to decide between the Ender 3 and the Ender 5. :wondering:

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
The magnetic bed is great,
I see mine as a tool, to be used, OK I'm having a shed load of fun with it as well. But its here to make stuff..
But also have fun with..
The robot is 2 days...
And the bridge sections are currently 8 hours and 82%..
All of thingyverse IMG_20200806_145852.jpgIMG_20200806_150724.jpg

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers
You certainly seemed to have picked it up really quickly Mike. I have been umming and ahhing for a while now, but I think all the activity on the forum in the last week or so, and the great results produced have convinced me :)

The Tinker

Every day I wake up is a good day
6 Feb 2014
Whangamata New Zealand
Country
New-Zealand
Best answers
Country flag
Well I got a Ender 3 v2 Awesome machine Lots of info on the Net. Pretty easy to set up. A day of watching videos of how and some test prints, and I am away. Started my first big print today, still has 4hrs to run. Making parts for a tool organiser for my work bench.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Well I got a Ender 3 v2 Awesome machine Lots of info on the Net. Pretty easy to set up. A day of watching videos of how and some test prints, and I am away. Started my first big print today, still has 4hrs to run. Making parts for a tool organiser for my work bench.
Pictures please when completed?

The Tinker

Every day I wake up is a good day
6 Feb 2014
Whangamata New Zealand
Country
New-Zealand
Best answers
Country flag
Best one available is the Ender 3 V2 it is a upgrade from the pro and is a lot more expandable. It was recommended to me to upgrade the filament extruder to a gear driven metal one, sold for $30nz, so a very cheap upgrade.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Bought a rasbury pi, and a sd card.. Downloaded the software from rasbury, to run it, and the a flasher program.. To flash a *image* of a ziped program called octiprint, on it..
After all this and a bit more.. I have now got the ability to use the printer remotely, upload geo file to it over my home network.. And with a pi cammra plugged in.. Check the print.. IMG_20200814_090208.jpg

Tanker man

10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
After the extreme heat we have had over the last few days ( I thought the filament would melt, without switching the printer on!) I finally got to do a test print last evening, so now have a cute little dog!
Just waiting for another delivery of materials and then I will try some of the 'add ons ' for the machine,
So far , very pleased with the result, now just need to get confident with the next step, but at least I must have assembled the machine correctly, levelling the bed did not seem too much of an issue.
Dave