Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I bought 1,afer seeing reviews, videos and seeing freinds on here and in the real world, try 3d printing..
I paid £199+vat= £239.23?
I also ordered extra Filament.

Well.. Its well packed, its comes part assembled, with some assembly required by me, ALL tools to do this, we're in the box, which was nice, even nicer was the extra bits, micro switches, belts ect as spares.. And a cracking scraper, and snips, a loaded sd card and adapter to USB is included..
It has a how to build your printer instruction sheet, with large detail drawings included.. On the sd card is a factory build video worth watching.. I would advise reading the instructions, watch the video.. And look at YouTube video of builds..
Its relitivwly straight forward. Nothing to complex,
The most important thing to do is level the print bed. Video on line, but it's not too difficult to adjust it.
Its well made, it works well, I'm very happy with mine, it dose what it clames to do..
I bought it to produce Windows, doors, ect for my buildings.. There are loads of free 3d designs out there, including locos, rolling stock.. Food for thought..
Would I buy it again..
Yes IMG_20200715_091017.jpgIMG_20200720_100258.jpgIMG_20200720_111232.jpgIMG_20200720_120459.jpgIMG_20200722_112350.jpgIMG_20200721_155907.jpgIMG_20200724_090629.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
The Chimney Pots were certainly a challenging early attempt, but the results speak legions of the ability of 3d printing to make tricky parts and to an acceptable level. The Window Frames look near perfect to me, no doubt we will be seeing even greater things from your device in the future.

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
Great Mike! Just what we need. I did look on YouTube this morning and found a very good video, its entitled : Creality Ender 3 Pro - 3D printer - Upgrade and fixes, it's by 'Just Vlad' . He describes various additions, including a cover for the underside of the control panel , and a tray to keep tools in among other things, all printed on the machine. The best bit, he includes the 'Thingiverse' reference details, so I guess you can just download the details and print them.
Apparently, the same chap has made a video of how to assemble the machine from the box..........haven't had time to look at that one yet.
I too, would like to print doors and windows, I like making 'Jigstone' buildings but find their doors and windows, cast in resin, a bit flimsy, so this would make a much better job of it. There was a question, the other day, about how good the material was in the sun/ cold, I guess it just needs a coat of paint, I have found that 'plastistrut' does not like being in the sun without painting.
Thanks for starting the thread , Mike, looking forward to more contributions.
Dave

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
Dave, good spot from the video, just did a quick search on 'Thingverse' for 'Creality Ender 3 Pro - 3D printer', all sorts of goodies are available, the tray is definitely a good suggestion, beats keeping the tools and spare bits in an Ice Cream container. :)

Mine came from here.... Creality3D Ender 3 3D Printer

Last edited:

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I have printed the cover for the lcd display screen, and the ribbon cover, all files from
Thingyverse
The site is, slow, very slow at times, it makes me realise how good we have it here..
AS for how the filament will last I don't know, I have a peace of the printed raft, in a glass of water.. And today the folly was all day in the sun.. It didn't sag... IMG-20200721-WA0023.jpeg

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Mike what filament are you using ?

Administrator

Staff member
GSC Administrator
GSC Moderator
4 Nov 2013
Westhoughton, Bolton. UK
Country
Cyprus
www.issl.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
My Toy
Ender 5 Pro Souped up, 32 bit board, colour tft screen, octopi on rasperry pi 4, hardened20200731_174235.jpg steel end

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I think that answers the question, *will administrator help*

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Stop writing inspirational things about 3D printing, you are getting to me and I now want to jump in the water GR....... But seriously this does look to be the way of the future, now just need to find some space for one or can it print a Tardis like box for it to sit in?

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
In terms of space, requires a relatively small footprint, picked up a small foldaway table from B&M*, base of 3D printer sits and fits like a bug in a rug.

Sits in the corner of the conservatory, (moved out to take picture) with Herself 's blessing, domestic harmony, and I get peace and quiet to play produce something worthwhile.....:)

*No doubt the likes of The Range, IKEA, Argos will have something similar.

Ender 3.png

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Creality make great printers out of the box. I picked up my Ender 3 Pro from Banggood for 180 about a month ago and it performs flawlessly. Others I know use their bigger, more expensive printers professionally and speak equally highly of them. It's certainly a few steps ahead of my old Wanhao i3

The only modifications I made were printed filament guides to improve the path slightly and keep it from touching the z screw.

I have a BLTouch sitting ready for installation, to give auto-bed levelling but I haven't summoned up the courage to do it yet. I don't really use the printer enough to make manual bed levelling much of a chore so I'm not sure I want to risk upsetting what's a well-setup printer with the necessary firmware flashing for the BLTouch.,,

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Creality make great printers out of the box. I picked up my Ender 3 Pro from Banggood for 180 about a month ago and it performs flawlessly. Others I know use their bigger, more expensive printers professionally and speak equally highly of them. It's certainly a few steps ahead of my old Wanhao i3

The only modifications I made were printed filament guides to improve the path slightly and keep it from touching the z screw.

I have a BLTouch sitting ready for installation, to give auto-bed levelling but I haven't summoned up the courage to do it yet. I don't really use the printer enough to make manual bed levelling much of a chore so I'm not sure I want to risk upsetting what's a well-setup printer with the necessary firmware flashing for the BLTouch.,,
Hm what is, where and what does a z screw do please? Sorry trying to get to grips with 3D tech.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
  • Haha

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
In the absence of sanity on my behalf, and against my better judgement allowed Windows 10 to update to version 2004 arrrrggggggggggg!

Reverted to my dogeared and battered Windows 7 machine, purely out of academic curiosity was the USB port on the Ender3 printer, lo and behold they communicate with each other, direct print from Creality Slicer 1.2.3 software..

Computer to 3D printer.PNG

Win 7 PC USB to Ender3.png

The Tinker

Every day I wake up is a good day
6 Feb 2014
Whangamata New Zealand
Country
New-Zealand
Best answers
Country flag
I am also looking at one of these fancy gadgets. Never too young too learn something new. I am keen to make my own link and pin couplers. The cost of the number I want will easily cover the cost of a printer. And it seems the can print styrene as well

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
I am also looking at one of these fancy gadgets. Never too young too learn something new. I am keen to make my own link and pin couplers. The cost of the number I want will easily cover the cost of a printer. And it seems the can print styrene as well

Excellent approach and attitude.....:)

As it so happens.... Link and Pin G-Scale Coupler by FatFarlake

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

The Tinker

Every day I wake up is a good day
6 Feb 2014
Whangamata New Zealand
Country
New-Zealand
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you for that. The only down side I can see with 3D printers is it will kill off a lot more manufacturers for our hobby, Maybe give some of us a little income to support our own railway empires