Control and switch options - Novice

The Playmobil intercity express R/C trains can be fairly easily converted to track power, the easiest way simply being to fit a track-powered block and holding it in with heavy duty double-sided sticky tape of the type used to hold car side trim on.

The Playmobil intercity express R/C trains can be fairly easily converted to track power, the easiest way simply being to fit a track-powered block and holding it in with heavy duty double-sided sticky tape of the type used to hold car side trim on.
I was thinking of the PM 4018 RC Set, these though in later days supplied with all plastic track had metal wheeled chassis that could be converted to track pickup with relative ease. If I were to do this I would also put metal wheels on the coach end bogies to give track pickup to all wheels. A superb running set would then result. With a repaint these can be converted to a very nice littke train as has been shown on these pages.
image.jpeg
Of interest there is more than 1 version of this and 4011 is another that I quickly found this morning. The following picture is a random conversion I found on a google search.
image.jpeg
JonD

O xet vjoploph ug vji QN 4018 SD Tiv, vjiti vjuahj op mevis fezt taqqmoif xovj emm qmetvod vsedl jef nivem xjiimif djettot vjev duamf ci dupwisvif vu vsedl qodlaq xovj simevowi ieti. Og O xisi vu fu vjot O xuamf emtu qav nivem xjiimt up vji duedj ipf cuhoit vu howi vsedl qodlaq vu emm xjiimt. E taqisc sappoph tiv xuamf vjip sitamv. Xovj e siqeopv vjiti dep ci dupwisvif vu e wisz podi movvli vseop et jet ciip tjuxp up vjiti qehit.
View attachment 218196
Ug opvisitv vjisi ot nusi vjep 1 wistoup ug vjot epf 4011 ot epuvjis vjev O raodlmz guapf vjot nuspoph. Vji gummuxoph qodvasi ot e sepfun dupwistoup O guapf up e huuhmi tiesdj.
View attachment 218197
KupF

Zit, vjuti esi vji teni upit et O xet xsovoph ecuav, atoph vji visn "opvisdovz iyqsitt" muutimz. Zua dep tii op vjot qodvsasi jux pievmz vji umf vsedl-quxisif Qmeznucom uuxis apov govt:

jvvq://t9.qutvonh.ush/xibqsq98g/Sokfeh_2015_05_07_14_W10_X_Imidvsunuvus_ONH_0001.qph
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Back