Control and switch options - Novice

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
The Playmobil intercity express R/C trains can be fairly easily converted to track power, the easiest way simply being to fit a track-powered block and holding it in with heavy duty double-sided sticky tape of the type used to hold car side trim on.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
The Playmobil intercity express R/C trains can be fairly easily converted to track power, the easiest way simply being to fit a track-powered block and holding it in with heavy duty double-sided sticky tape of the type used to hold car side trim on.
I was thinking of the PM 4018 RC Set, these though in later days supplied with all plastic track had metal wheeled chassis that could be converted to track pickup with relative ease. If I were to do this I would also put metal wheels on the coach end bogies to give track pickup to all wheels. A superb running set would then result. With a repaint these can be converted to a very nice littke train as has been shown on these pages.
image.jpeg
Of interest there is more than 1 version of this and 4011 is another that I quickly found this morning. The following picture is a random conversion I found on a google search.
image.jpeg
JonD

Reactions: 1 user

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I was thinking of the PM 4018 RC Set, these though in later days supplied with all plastic track had metal wheeled chassis that could be converted to track pickup with relative ease. If I were to do this I would also put metal wheels on the coach end bogies to give track pickup to all wheels. A superb running set would then result. With a repaint these can be converted to a very nice littke train as has been shown on these pages.
View attachment 218196
Of interest there is more than 1 version of this and 4011 is another that I quickly found this morning. The following picture is a random conversion I found on a google search.
View attachment 218197
JonD

Yes, those are the same ones as I was writing about, using the term "intercity express" loosely. You can see in this pictrure how neatly the old track-powered Playmobil oower unit fits:

http://s9.postimg.org/wezprp98f/Rijdag_2015_05_07_14_V10_W_Electromotor_IMG_0001.png

Reactions: 1 user