Chipping an LGB 24402 Alpine classic crocodile with sound

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Well I am happy to report that the loco is now properly chipped. I have installed in it two 55021 decoders and It works like a charm. The sounds are only accessible in serial mode but I can get used to that. Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.

Next on the agenda is chipping the salon cars.
Mohammed

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
mbendebba said:
Well I am happy to report that the loco is now properly chipped. I have installed in it two 55021 decoders and It works like a charm. The sounds are only accessible in serial mode but I can get used to that. Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.

Mohammed

Now that is getting a bit obsessive.!

RhBGe6/6

RhB LGB
8 Feb 2010
Albany, NY
Best answers
mbendebba said:
Mohammed

I've never heard of anyone doing that. We have some cab cars that have Zimo sound decoders installed, but chipping a passenger car seems unecessary.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
RhBGe6/6 said:
mbendebba said:
Mohammed

I've never heard of anyone doing that. We have some cab cars that have Zimo sound decoders installed, but chipping a passenger car seems unecessary.

Take it the intention is to turn the lights on & off

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
May I suggest using the Massoth eMotion 8FL or a Massoth DCC enabled lighting board?

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Philbahn said:
RhBGe6/6 said:
mbendebba said:
Mohammed

Take it the intention is to turn the lights on & off
That is the idea

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
RhBGe6/6 said:
mbendebba said:
Mohammed

Of course it is unecessary, but these are toys and with toys one can play whatever game one wants

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The function decoder is the way to go since the salon car already have great lighting board. I think I can put the decoder in the switch box underneath the car. I will update when I get the decoder in my hands.

muns said:
May I suggest using the Massoth eMotion 8FL or a Massoth DCC enabled lighting board?

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
mbendebba said:
The function decoder is the way to go since the salon car already have great lighting board. I think I can put the decoder in the switch box underneath the car. I will update when I get the decoder in my hands.

muns said:

Hi Mohammed , how many cars are you chipping.

BTW I like you're version of rule 8. Toy railway it might be. But fun

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
mbendebba said:
Hi Phil:

Just one for now, I want to see if the grand kids like the idea.

Thats the excuse eh Mohammed, (Grandkids) Must remember that one:D:D:D

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
It works well in my house Phil, at that is because it has some eelment of truth to it. I really want to be able to automatically trigger the lights when the train pull into a station and turn them off as it leaves the station or something like that, using a reed switch or some thing along those lines. A little of magic for the kids.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
mbendebba said:
It works well in my house Phil, at that is because it has some eelment of truth to it. I really want to be able to automatically trigger the lights when the train pull into a station and turn them off as it leaves the station or something like that, using a reed switch or some thing along those lines. A little of magic for the kids.

Why not incorporate a Pola level (railroad) crossing with automatic barriers that raise an lower when the train approaches?

http://originalmagazineads.com/mode...ing-pola-g-scale-model-train-accessories-941/

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Phil: I am not much into American inspired models, I do mostly European one. LGB used to have one those with European signals. It did not appeal to me either.

Mohammed

Elliott

LGB,CARS,chipping
24 Oct 2009
kinver
Best answers
Country flag
thats clever i like that :)

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag