Center Cab Switcher Disassembly

kajohnson9

Registered
24 Apr 2020
Uath
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for any help in disassembling a Aristocarft center cab switcher (ART-22600) and where to disconnect power from the track. I want to add Revolution receiver in a cleaning car I have and wire it between the track pickups and the motors. I know it has 2 motors, is there a common connection I can tie into? The exploded parts diagrams I have aren't very helpful. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Keith Johnson

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for any help in disassembling a Aristocarft center cab switcher (ART-22600) and where to disconnect power from the track. I want to add Revolution receiver in a cleaning car I have and wire it between the track pickups and the motors. I know it has 2 motors, is there a common connection I can tie into? The exploded parts diagrams I have aren't very helpful. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Keith Johnson
Had a quick look at the breakdown for you. There are 2 plugs from the Bogie I imagine both bogies will be the same. One is a 4 pin the other a 2 pin. Both of the 4 pin I will go to the circuit board so there will be 2 of them to that circuit board. That tends to mean unless there is a direct link for the decoder or perhaps a place to plug it in or some pins, you may need to replace the complete board with the decoder.

But wait for someone stateside to pitch in with more knowledge of Aristo.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Philp may be your man, but my limited knowledge of Aristo boards is that they have some form of labelling on the board.

Have you looked at George Schreyer's pages? www.girr.org

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I think the black and red wire that come from the motor block are from the track pick-ups.

kajohnson9

Registered
24 Apr 2020
Uath
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for your inputs. I now have George Schreyer's article so I will use that as my bible. I have done a few ten-wheeler conversions so I hope will be just about as easy, as I am not that skilled in doing this kind of work.
P.S. Wish me luck
Keith

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
George's page is the bible.. If you think you will be going into the beast again, pay attention to the screws you DON't put back! :nerd::)

It is a little difficult to be definitive about wire colours,a s they can vary from one example to another.. I always use a meter, to 'bell' out wires from track, and to motor(s).
I quite often cut (rather than un-solder) leaving just-enough of the outer, to show 'which colour wire, went where'. - Many owners have trouble finding the paperwork supplied with works done on their loco's at a later date! :(:rolleyes:

PhilP.