Barby Nursery railway for sale.

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
As a seller they may have been better to roughly measure the track length and number of points. Listed each loco and rolling stock (the numbers are underneath). The same for the vehicles, buildings, controllers, transformers etc.
It is amazing how itemized things add up in total rather than getting an overall view where a safe bid is made rather than a calculated one. After all, it is just a large roundy roundy mainly flat layout which much of it may end up in a skip. I've seen entire 'built not so long ago houses' end up in skips because of the time it takes to dismantle and recycle. Large beams and all trashed and wasted. Hopefully some 'old scrounger' is making a buck at the tip pulling nails out.

Last edited:
andyspencer

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
So its now at over 11.5K!!!

I actually went to view this setup maybe 4 or 5 years back. Sadly the guys wanted big money for it all so only got a few new old stock wagons in very faded boxes. From looking at the layout then, most of the rolling stock/locos were sun bleached. The worst being one of the RhB red baggage cars which was bright pink from the UV!!! Most of the building had or were in the process of falling down, but may well be a complete kit of parts.
Its a very poor listing with no making clear whats included. As already mentioned, the video has many locos/stock that are not included.
I did have a little bid on it, but at this price, it can't be a trader unless they don't know what they are buying!

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Wishful thinking, Andy!?

How big IS your shed? ;):wondering:

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
An hour to go, and a bid of £11600 pending....

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
SOLD! £11600 :party:

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
I wonder how much of it will re appear on e bay in the weeks and months ahead.

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
I wonder how much of it will re appear on e bay in the weeks and months ahead.
There could be an influx of pink Pullmans on eBay UK. :D

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
SOLD! £11600 :party:
Well......... It might have..

If the buyer was relying on what they saw in the video, they will be disappointed..

Personally, I am not sure there is that much value in what there is? :think::think: - Above my spend, so did not lick the end of the pencil, and tot it up..

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Now where are my roof racks and hammer? :giggle: