Best answers
Country flag

AshleyH

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
PaulRhB said:
Well Thomas ran beautifully straight from the box but Percy was a bit lumpy. Took off the keeper plate and cleaned off some grease, (not over the top with grease as they used to be), and cleaned out all the teeth in case there was some flash. Ran it in for half an hour in each direction and virtually eliminated the sticky spot so I think with a bit more running it will be ok.
Paul, I am sure you need me to help with running these in!!

Did you buy any rolling stock as well or just the two locos? I'm quite tempted....for the little one you understand....

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
Update on the 4 new rolling stock items, if the info posted is correct, what we will get is ONE new tank car in 2 paint schemes, and 2 repaints of the already available Troublesome Truck, so its more like 1 and 1/2 new rolling stock items

Reposted from the B'mann site:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...7&F=BACU6054&L=BACU8755&S1=THOMAS&S2=&S3=&S4= < Link To http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...7&F=BACU6054&L=BACU8755&S1=THOMAS&S2=&S3=&S4= < Link To http://www3.towerhobbies....mp;S2=&S3=&S4=

LXZGE2 Tidmouth Milk Tanker
LXZGE1 Sodor Fuel Tanker
LXZGE0 Coal wagon w/ load
LXZGE3 Cargo car

Looks like I'll still be bashing a few cars anyways now...

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Could someone stick some pictures of the wagons with a Stainz, or even better an Accucraft steam loco for us please? Comparison with some LGB 4 wheel wagons would be nice too.

Ta!

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
[align=center]I read in the big world they made this loco in picture 1 into the one in picture 2 , made some purists upset, but they crowd pulling effect is certainly understandable, plus they would bring much needed revenue in for other projects, looks like a nice conversion based on a model, based on a fictional protype, based on cartoons,

Is this a case of inverse conceptualism,?
[/align]

vsmith

24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
MR SPOCK said:
[align=center]I read in the big world they made this loco in picture 1 into the one in picture 2 , made some purists upset, but they crowd pulling effect is certainly understandable, plus they would bring much needed revenue in for other projects, looks like a nice conversion based on a model, based on a fictional protype, based on cartoons,

[/align]

Keep in mind that 90% of the surviving steam engines in this world will never steam again due to the very high costs associated with restoring/replacing/certifying their long fallow boilers, many of which have rusted to the point of daylighting. So its very easy to see how a struggling pressed tourist line would press an old engine into service as Thomas to milk the kiddies parents of their lunch money if that helps fill in the operating costs bottom line and that funding helps keep the other restored steamies in operation. At least thats the way I look at it.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
MR SPOCK said:

[/align]

I wonder how rare the loco was in its original form? I would have been upset, I suppose, because the original has gone but (on a positive note) you have got to admire the conversion!

Mick

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Here are some pictures of the stock, the wagons wheelbase is 126mm which works out at 1/24th if these are 10ft wheelbase wagons. If you take these as scale then Thomas & Co seem to have gone Japanese as it works out at 3ft 6inch gauge!

528e978035924d5d8349d4efae4a66fa.jpg

a0d7cdcbaf1e4a7eb45bf0849f1ceb34.jpg

ceb76956f4e24d2a8869e103f0b736f8.jpg

357f537bed054264b61e810b795725a0.jpg

The face is tacked on with superglue but accurate strapping is hidden underneath.
2a49859a91574d7cb1311dec8c16a2e0.jpg

ca0d22defca1443da571e9ec701f74fc.jpg

vsmith

24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
PaulRhB said:
The coaches

Some thought seems to have gone into possible partitions
images

Annie05.JPG

Like this?

This is simple block balsawood, just filed and rounded to shape then painted, one could very detailed with the innards but visibility from the outside is limited from the smallish windows. Lots of potential.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
They are big- nice though!

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Has anyone put these along side the old lionel versions for size comparison as Percy would like to come and work along side Thomas and James.

27986af09b2c447185a8d8dbb8f9a5e9.jpg

stevetheshop

Whimsical and 1/12th scale
28 Oct 2009
Telford
www.back2bay6.net
Best answers
Hi everyone, just to let you know my Annie & Clarabel coach interior kits are now available. They are laser cut wood and consist of three slot together partions with seats, two end seats and a new beading fret for the face end of the coaches.

Steve
BACK 2 BAY 6

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
[align=center]With the face off it looks a pretty good model. Even looks as tho the end tipple door has been modelled,

if these had come along a few years ago I may have stayed UK prototype, but alas I am too far down the line now!

The coaches remind me of those on the North Sunderland branch at Seahouses,

Nice work .
[/align]

stevetheshop

Whimsical and 1/12th scale
28 Oct 2009
Telford
www.back2bay6.net
Best answers
Haven't seen any mention of these on the site, but Bachmann have announced James, Tank wagons and repaints of the trucks, less faces. RRP appears to be £185 for James and £45 for the wagons. Pictures of the tankers appear to be '00' models (pre-production I suppose).

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
PaulRhB said:
Here are some pictures of the stock, the wagons wheelbase is 126mm which works out at 1/24th if these are 10ft wheelbase wagons. If you take these as scale then Thomas & Co seem to have gone Japanese as it works out at 3ft 6inch gauge!

Japanese indeed!.... Every self respecting modeller knows that the 'home' of 3'6" is NEW ZEALAND. .....and, Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel are right at home (as of today) on the Taita Gorge Railway. For the Grandkids, dear...