Bachmann Speeders

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
leedshillrailroad.weebly.com
Best answers
Does anyone have experience with any of Bachmann's Speeder units? I am considering getting one so that I have something to run on my railroad (DC) since my Forney is in the shop waiting for parts. My LGB Transformer isn't great, which is why I'm looking for something smaller. Originally I was going to get Bachmann's Thomas & Friends "Toby" (he was always my favorite engine), but now I'm having second thoughts, as he doesn't fit my American theme. Any info would be great!

BakerJohn

3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
Best answers
Replied on other thread... don't waste your time considering your other loco is way bigger, you do realize this is a tiny 1:32 unit.
I did not, Greg. Thank you for bringing that up! This is exactly why I waited.

BakerJohn

3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
Best answers
It is REALLY tiny, look at this video, the Dash 9 is a big loco at 1:29, but still a smaller scale than your Forney

Wow. I mean, I guess that kind of makes sense. But, you're right, I wouldn't want to run something THAT small. Perhaps I'll just buy Toby... Unless I can find something I like by Hartland

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with any of Bachmann's Speeder units? I am considering getting one so that I have something to run on my railroad (DC) since my Forney is in the shop waiting for parts. My LGB Transformer isn't great, which is why I'm looking for something smaller. Originally I was going to get Bachmann's Thomas & Friends "Toby" (he was always my favorite engine), but now I'm having second thoughts, as he doesn't fit my American theme. Any info would be great!
Have you looked at these:-
LGB Gang Motor Car $299
Piko Switcher $159
Bachman Eggliner $129
All Prices from Trainworld in Brooklyn. I would have though that any of these may meet your needs though more $ involved.

BakerJohn

3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
Best answers
Have you looked at these:-
LGB Gang Motor Car $299
Piko Switcher $159
Bachman Eggliner $129
All Prices from Trainworld in Brooklyn. I would have though that any of these may meet your needs though more $ involved.
Are you talking about the Piko 25 Ton switcher? Im definitely getting one of those. But they arent available till October...

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Gee, that speeder is tough. Do they always use a speeder to tow that Dash9?

Why don't you get a LGB Saddle tank porter. Good ones are only about $120 SH on eBay and will fit right in with your American theme. Some are made in Germany and others elsewhere. The German ones are a bit better. (Casey not a Rusty) Trainworld have an MTS model for $249.
Here is a Rudolf set that looks barely used for $120. My Rudolf is made in Germany. He has bonus antlers! Paint the lot if you don't like the Christmas decoration. The engine is more like 1:20 scale though but it is small.
LGB 94775 Rudolph North Pole Express G Scale Train Orig Box B413 | eBay

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Are you talking about the Piko 25 Ton switcher? Im definitely getting one of those. But they arent available till October...
Oh though that as the add was showing them (Piko 25 Tonner) in the June GR they may be out by now.