DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Phil,
I know you aren't talking about Fosworks, but when I asked Steve about buying one of his rx in my US locale, he pointed out it wasn't FCC certified. I've never seen either Micron or your products over here. I use Tony's RCS-RC RX/TX and ESCs. Maybe Tony gets his from Micron. I know he uses a UK supplier for some of his stuff.
Ah the dreaded FCC certification, I gather it costs quite a few bucks to get that sorted. There are many good systems stateside for dead rail, many of them have been envied by me for a while now. I do have a few Crest systems so that may be worth investigating as they do come from your neck of the woods.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Ah the dreaded FCC certification, I gather it costs quite a few bucks to get that sorted. There are many good systems stateside for dead rail, many of them have been envied by me for a while now. I do have a few Crest systems so that may be worth investigating as they do come from your neck of the woods.

John I have the new TE, initially for remote control of points, but added a few Rx to locos, and they are not bad, but a little expensive. Making the battery last longer on the Tx, turn the backlight timing down ;)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
For us 'cottage industries' these certifications are not financially viable.
We don't have the money to invest in the test equipment (or the underwriter costs). For single-figure sales to the US annually, it is never going to be viable.

PhilP

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
I do have a few Crest systems
Crest is now probably the favored low-cost solution over here, especially as Phoenix seems to have given up and Airwire is very expensive. Especially as they make boards compatible with the plug-n-play socket that Aristo introduced, and that Bachmann still installs in their latest models.