Bachmann Observation Car - conversion?

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Best answers
Country flag
Last year I bought a couple of scruffy observation cars at a very reasonable price from Glendale of fond memory. I have finally got round to sorting them out. Slight problem is that I only really need one in the Observation form; looks to me as though it’s just a case of replacing the “balcony” with the rails from the S&D Models kit GR5 and I’ve got a run-of-the-mill car. Anyone tried this? Anyone want a spare balcony? The drumhead has lost its clips.

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Last year I bought a couple of scruffy observation cars at a very reasonable price from Glendale of fond memory. I have finally got round to sorting them out. Slight problem is that I only really need one in the Observation form; looks to me as though it’s just a case of replacing the “balcony” with the rails from the S&D Models kit GR5 and I’ve got a run-of-the-mill car. Anyone tried this? Anyone want a spare balcony? The drumhead has lost its clips.
I may have some spare Bachmann railings in the garage if you want to do a swap.

a98087

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
Pretty confident I have some suitable railings,as well, if mike doesn’t find anything I’m will have a look or if you don’t want a swap, just railings let me know

Dan

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Best answers
Country flag
Just fitted the S&D replacements (birthday present from son, bless him) with a spot or two of sticky stuff. The balcony came away quite easily, snipped back the wires from the tail-light (I’ll remember the proper name two minutes after I post this). Now got a respectable length of rolling stock to run behind a blue or black loco. Must settle down to write the history of my entirely fictitious railroad...

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Drumhead?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Best answers
Country flag
None taken. Both vehicles finished, totally spurious liveries,S&D castings fitted. Just need the time to replace the rotten woodwork under sections of track to be able to run them...

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Any pics? just asking`:p;);););)