Bachmann 4-6-0 battery operated

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I have recently acquired a Bachmann 4-6-0 battery operated loco (the green and silver one), and I am going to "bash it", however before I start I would like replace the driving wheels with metal ones, don't mind if it's a complete motor block, and as I am stripping the remote out, not bothered on the voltage, but a "drop-in" fit would be nice. Can anybody tell me is Bachmann (or other retailer) does such a beast, as I am sure the Bachmann experts out there will have the answer, and maybe some alternatives - many thanks in advance.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have recently acquired a Bachmann 4-6-0 battery operated loco (the green and silver one), and I am going to "bash it", however before I start I would like replace the driving wheels with metal ones, don't mind if it's a complete motor block, and as I am stripping the remote out, not bothered on the voltage, but a "drop-in" fit would be nice. Can anybody tell me is Bachmann (or other retailer) does such a beast, as I am sure the Bachmann experts out there will have the answer, and maybe some alternatives - many thanks in advance.
There is a supplier that used to do a drop in chassis in the states, sure if they are still available one of our over the pond friends will pile in with details. However another option if you were to go for it would be an inside wheel chassis, pretty sure that you can buy all the parts to screw one together including geared motor from Essel Engineering.

edited 1 l

Fred Mills

Registered
27 Mar 2017
Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Go to the Bachmann North American web page. They were offering replacement drive chassis, for ten wheelers.
The old after-market drives, known as "Barry's Big Train drives...or something like that; closed up a few years ago, on Barry's passing.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Jon, Fred many thanks, looked at the Bachmann site, and i would think the 4-6-0 anniversary chassis will fit my requirements, shame they are not taking orders.
I had an email a few days ago saying that they were open for business again :confused: - aha just read it again, and parts aren't open yet - any day now ......................... :emo::emo:

16th May

Our Web Store Reopens This Weekend!

We're slowly getting back on track by reopening our web store in a limited capacity this weekend. Please note that your order may take several days to process and ship. Thank you for your patience at this difficult time.​

Orders will be shipped using only the U.S. Postal Service and International Postal Service at this time. We look forward to shipping at full capacity and opening our other departments, including parts, as soon as possible. No telephone orders can be accepted.​

Click the shopping cart below to add the catalog to your cart and start shopping!​

Follow @BachmannTrains

for more announcements on reopening plans, product releases, and more.​