Bachmann 2-6-0 industrial mogul

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
The guys on the KMRR are very happy today. They got their new 2-6-0 industrial mogul delivered from Balwin Locomotives. The guys took it for a ride along the line to see how well it performed. Overall the engine ran great. Ran really well along the line, very smooth and runs at very slow speed without studdering. Its a perfect size for the logging operations. They figure after a few runs through the backwoods the engine will look like the rest of the fleet. Here it is new.

5ml45h.jpg

2rggzu8.jpg

hagen

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Kongsberg, Norway
Best answers
I have the original and it could barely haul it's tender up the incline on my line.
How is it for weight? pulling power? and what changes were made to the pilot wheel?

marshman

Registered
9 Feb 2010
north norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I have had mine for 4 years & it is a great runner. I agree it does struggle to pull a load on an incline but here it is hauling some empties round One Tree Hill on the P&F. Should be ideal for the short trains on your logging line Shawn.
96c7b647bfc84a108ee8c36cd365b4a6.jpg

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
Bachamnn changed the Indie from the first version. More metal parts on the current one. They also fixed the pilot (it ran great on my layout that has not so perfect track) I have not tested its pulling power but it did fine with 4 cars and I dont ever plan on pulling more then that. (The prototype was never ment to haul long trains) Overall it is hudge improvment and much more reliable - for under $200 you cant beat the price in the US. They did a few more changes. Here is a video of the new one that LSOL did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9D55iFmdN0

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Don't understand - the pilot has never been a problem on mine :thinking:

There's plenty of advice for where to add weight to one of these moguls. I think I got mine up to about 3 kgs - pulls a train fine :clap:

And to my mind, they're very pretty locos - lovely proportions :D

0be74258b9ad429284153b9728368f7c.jpg