Assigning a loco number for dcc running.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
To be honest,, no.. I thought what I paid for it £100, a fair price, given the condition it is,

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Mike. That is probably the plus side as I was more than happy to pay what I did for a really nice engine. It was more the fact that it wasn't exactly what was, 'written on the tin'.

Reactions: 1 users

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Just to wrap this up. A very happy ending. The vendor has refunded the amount it would cost for buying a suitable two motor decoder. I'm really pleased with that quality of response.
Thanks to all for their comments and assistance. Great group this.
Trevor

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
So that’s 3 of us all with the same issue from the same eBay seller, all locos sold as being chipped but none being actually fitted, I did send mike a message asking if his loco had the same issue but he has now confirmed it has in this thread, for reference the seller is ellisclarktrains should have now better as he is listing a live steam model as being dcc chipped.

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Ellis Clark are well known as as model railway trader. I've bought N gauge stuff from them at least once on ebay, and I do remember one rather rare multiple unit which had been described as excellent / hardly used needed a thorough cleaning out and servicing (fortunately something I'm happy doing)! I did ping them about it, nothing came of my comment though. It has made me more wary of that seller now.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Just to wrap this up. A very happy ending. The vendor has refunded the amount it would cost for buying a suitable two motor decoder. I'm really pleased with that quality of response.
Thanks to all for their comments and assistance. Great group this.
Trevor
That is a good result. I have bought from ellisclark before. I remember one item a Harz 2-6-2T which they described as RC in fact it had an XLS decoder inside. The price was good just for the loco. They do respond to emails and queries. Because they sell a lot of second hand stuff they are somewhat reliant perhaps over reliant on what the previous owner says about the loco. I would buy from them again but like buying any secondhand goods you need to be prepared for the occasional surprise!

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Just an added update. I added a message from Ellis Clark to the forum members on yesterday's Coffee Lounge that contained an apology that they wanted posted. Fair play to them. I hope that wraps things up with a happy ending.​
Trevor​

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Can someone please give a link to his Ebay domain as he does not appear to exist to me?

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
www.ellisclarktrains.co.uk
www.ebaystores.co.uk/Ellis-Clark-Trains

Is this what was required? I was just trawling Ebay and there are several locks listed individually. You can get them with the 'see other items'
Trevor

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
There are about a dozen LGB locos listed, and a couple of PIKO, looks like someone has handed over their collection.
You need to be careful, some are listed as new even brand new when clearly they are not new, they might be in very good or even mint condition but they have been opened and used. Admittedly the word "new" has undergone some transformation by ebay over the last few years! And some still have that wording about decoders fitted by Gaugemaster which kicked off this thread, e.g the listing for LGB 20520 OBB diesel, so you have been warned! :) Having said that the prices in general look fair to me.