dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi out there experts, I have 2 remote hand units and 3 Locomotives. But I want to have all 3 Locomotives on each controller. Have RTFM a few times and nothing is mentioned, I talked to an aquaintance who uses the system who said just "bind each loco with each controller" but this does not appear to have worked. Was this the correct advice, if so I wonder where I went wrong.

My need for doing this is that in operation I want the facility for a second person to be able to take over a loco that I have been driving when I have picked up another Loco just as you can do with DCC.
JonD

Budd

Registered
4 Nov 2009
Adelaide, down in Oar-Stralia
Best answers
That's what I have done and it worked for me, did you have controller 1 (C1) turned off while you linked controller 2 (C2)?
Be aware that you can't have C1 and C2 controlling the same loco at the same time, the loco won't respond to either controller, nothing has been damaged doing it and everything still works fine.

Wayne

Having said that, I note that you refer to a "Crest" 2.4 GHz system, my observations were for the Aristo Revolution system, this might not work for the Crest system.

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
I take it you are talking about the Revo you can have all locos programed to all handsets but a loco will only respond to the handset that is turned on first or was turn on when the loco was turned on....If you turn on another handset the loco will ignor that handset........you can turn off one hand set while a loco is running and then turn on another hand set and another loco or locos and they will tether and turn on the first handset so more than one handset will control more than one loco but both handsets will not control all locos
I have 3 handsets with all locos programed into them but the locos will only tether to one at a time and its allways the one it finds first untill you shut the other down
confusssued 8|:eek:::eek::