And it's Hello From him..

jonh

Trains, Beer, Travel
26 Oct 2009
Southend-On-Sea
Best answers
Country flag
Long time lurker in margins of here (Been on GSC almost since day one as I was on GSM and transferred over when that ended), and have spent most of my time soaking up the all the information available, but can now feel some daft questions coming on (and some of them are even Garden Rail related too), so thought I'd better pop my head up above the parapet before I get it shot off asking the daft questions...:wasntme:

Based in South Essex, about 4 minutes from the Thames Estuary.

Jon.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, people asking daft questions is good, saves the embarrassment of asking them oneself!

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Jonh or is it Jon H, anyway i believe the saying is "the only foolish question is the one you don't ask" not quite true, but good enough for government work ;)

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum JonH

jonh

Trains, Beer, Travel
26 Oct 2009
Southend-On-Sea
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Jonh or is it Jon H, anyway i believe the saying is "the only foolish question is the one you don't ask" not quite true, but good enough for government work ;)
Jimmy it is Jon the H being the first letter of my surname! You haven't seen my questions yet! Ho ho!!

Jon

jonh

Trains, Beer, Travel
26 Oct 2009
Southend-On-Sea
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Mad House discussions at long last. Ask away we are all experts and know everything!⛩⛩

jonh

Trains, Beer, Travel
26 Oct 2009
Southend-On-Sea
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Mad House discussions at long last. Ask away we are all experts and know everything!⛩⛩

Thanks, yes my reading over the years had already led me to that conclusion, so thought it was long overdue that I add to the madness..:D:D

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
...Based in South Essex, about 4 minutes from the Thames Estuary...
Is that your first question? :)

You can't call yourself Jon, we have too many of those already, so you'll have to be JonH.

Less seriously, welcome on board.

jonh

Trains, Beer, Travel
26 Oct 2009
Southend-On-Sea
Best answers
Country flag
Is that your first question? :)

You can't call yourself Jon, we have too many of those already, so you'll have to be JonH.

Less seriously, welcome on board.

Probably, it's questionable living in this neck of the woods at the best of times..:wink: Mind you the tricky one's like "what's your name?" catch me out sometimes:fearscream::wasntme:

Ah yes, I had noticed that there were a few of us, but I'll answer to anything:D

And thanks for the welcome..

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Jon H obviousness has the correct sense of humour for this forum, otherwise he would have left by now :)
Quite right too, anyone that likes Trains and Beer is someone to be respected. I think I also noted that he is on the buy!

jonh

Trains, Beer, Travel
26 Oct 2009
Southend-On-Sea
Best answers
Country flag
Quite right too, anyone that likes Trains and Beer is someone to be respected. I think I also noted that he is on the buy!
I can thoroughly recommend the combination of Beer and Trains, Though I suspect I'm preaching to the converted! I know a nice spot in Mayrhofen (Zillertalbahn) where you can sit with a Beer and watch the Trains come and go. And yes like most of us in this hobby I'm almost permanently on the buy, seems we spend most of our time 'collecting', once I've been outside and done the weeding and repairing, I may even get to run some of it too.. :rolleyes::)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Euro-peen amber-fluid, is NOT beer!
Nice trains, though.. I'll give you that. :):nod::nod:

jonh

Trains, Beer, Travel
26 Oct 2009
Southend-On-Sea
Best answers
Country flag
True... its Bier :mm::) Yeah I know, hat coat door...
Yes very nice trains, my avatar is the 2005 Christmas Day special.. (Well the loco thereof..)

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Strange how it always tastes good over there, but here it tastes of.... well you get the drift!