dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Oh nice pic of 9 plinthed, where is she Golden?
Now,if I could just figure out the sound card for my mogul.Anyone like the PIKO sound system? I hear it's pretty good, and works well with the LGB 2-6-0,but I'd have to remove the existing LGB MTS System to make it work. Thoughts,gentlemen?
Later !
Andrew
You could go for the generic LGB US Sound Box, should go in nicely without having to remove the existing MTS System. Just make sure you understand the requirements to fit it in.

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
I've looked at that module,almost ordered it before common sense prevailed. After examining everything,I came to the conclusion that I don't think that it will fit my tender properly . For one, the volume control is in the wrong position , you need a $70.00 power storage unit,a track sensor for the tender truck,and I'm not so sure about how to hook it into the tender connections .And it's pushing $280.00 for everything. Everywhere I look, it seems to be way too expensive and/or complicated to be worthwhile.The Phoenix Sound card is out as it costs $250.00, and I'm not wanting to spend anywhere near that amount of money just to add sound to this model.It's just not worth it. Piko offers a nice ,basic sound kit for less than $100.00(see it on Ebay here : PIKO G SCALE AMERICAN STEAM SOUND KIT, ANALOG | BN | 36221 | eBay). But,like I said, I called and talked to the seller at length, and the seller recommended removing the MTS system as I don't need it for anything. At this point, I may leave it alone ,and run it without sound. I may even get rid of it. At least my Bachmann's all came with basic sound installed at the factory.
We'll see. For right now, I've decided to leave it alone.
Thanks for your help,guys!
Andrew