And I Buy A Second LGB Mogul!

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
So, my wife got a nice bonus check from her job as a manager for a national cell phone company, and she put $500.00 into my Paypal account. Told me "Go buy yourself another train!". Well,I just did, and this sweet lGB 2219S Pennsylvania Mogul is what I bought. It was either that ,or a sound system for my other LGB. I think that I made the right call on this one.
Wouldn't you agree?
Later!
AndrewMine.jpgMine0.jpgMine1.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Looks to be an early example? - From the packaging.

Seems to be in excellent condition, though. :):clap::clap:

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys. It is from about 1990-1991 from what I can figure out. New condition for sure.

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
A new development. I woke up this morning,checked my phone, and there was a notification from Ebay. It seems that the dirty dog seller cancelled my order and refunded my money. There is no explanation. My guess is that he thinks he should have gotten a lot more money for this vintage beauty. I am furious, and plan on filing a complaint with Ebay,for all the good that will do. The seller has yet to respond to my return message,and I doubt that the dirty dog will.
Very angry and disappointed right now!

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Best answers
Country flag
Sad story , but you are still lucky having SWMBO awarding you some funding for a new train hardware !!! :cry:

:wasntme:

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Are the photos of the new one, if so the seller can't have it back!!

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Those are the photos from the actual action. So,if you see them on Ebay, don't buy from this guy!

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
It's possible there is a legit reason for cancelling the sale. Maybe they damaged the goods while packing or maybe the goods were misplaced or stolen, but most likely you are right, they got a better offer or thought they could get more in a new auction or another channel. I think the rules say either party (buyer or seller) can back down without explanation within a certain time period (14 days?) if the goods have not been shipped so it is unlikely ebay will intervene. As ARIA31 ARIA31 says look on the bright side, you still have the money to spend.

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
True,Greg,but I never do another transaction with an Ebay seller once that person has done me wrong.And this is a big one.Usually, I try to work things out, but in this case, the seller didn't notify me or give me any warning nor explanation before she cancelled it. I now know why, and I'm even madder than I was before. But that's for some other time and place!
Later!
Andrew

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
I agree. Once burned I won't do business again unless necessary. In practice, I have seen this happen often and there's "reasons" that the seller can fabricate to ebay when it really should never happen.

Greg

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
The seller says her mom "accidentally" mailed it out to someone else, and that the recipient will be sending it back. She also stated that she will relist it with a Buy It Now on Ebay ,and to "keep my eyes open for it and make her an offer when I relist it" -on MY TRAIN that I already bought and paid for! Well, I will watch for it, and if that BIN is for more than I paid for it, I will call Ebay and register another complaint. I called Ebay today ,and the lady assured me that Ebay will investigate the seller, and there's a possibility that she might lose her selling privileges on Ebay should this turn out to be some sort of scam to get more money for it. Which I am sure that it is! We'll see. I'll be watching...And,hopefully, so will Ebay!
Andrew

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
There are several on Ebay, at the moment. One is listed to restore, another has a starting price of $400.00 and one is cited at $500.00. Finally there's one for BIN at $999.99, as new.

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Yup. I already looked. There is definitely a lot of varience in prices on these things. And they're an old model built beginning in 1990!

Fred Mills

Registered
27 Mar 2017
Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Save a few dollars, and just look to RLD Hobbies, for a Bachmann, latest issue Anniversary ten wheeler. You don't need to go to eBay, just a good dependable hobby shop, where you won't get screwed around. That is probably the best value, dependable steam type locomotive on the market, just now...yes it comes with a "Chuff-Chuff" sound, and lights. There are other dependable hobby shops...do some research.

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks,but I already have 7 B.Mann Annies. Some are factory,others customized. There's also a Spectrum SPC #3 4-4-0 with a Phoenix Big Sound 96/97 card in the tender. And it's fantastic! I only buy on Ebay as most hobby shps are way over priced. Anakramer is my favorite, and I get some really great deals from him. I picked up one of his last B.Mann South Pacific Coast #22 Annies last year for $225.00 with free shipping. It's a great locomotive with the version 6 chassis and improved pilot. Goes quite well with the #3! I talked to B.Mann customer service about the "new" 4-6-0 a few weeks ago. Don't be surprised if it gets pushed back until after the first of the year! They are apparrently having some problems...

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
you will find another at that price. many moguls in the sea.
if youre patient, possibly one with sound!

dennishodge

Registered
21 Feb 2018
Bellevue, WA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
There are nine LGB Moguls on Trainz Auctions this week.

1. 21181 D&RG Like new Bid $284
  2. 2028D DSP&P Black/grey Excellent Bid $275
  3. 2028D DSP&P Black/grey Excellent Buy it now $384
  4. 2028D DSP&P Black/grey Excellent Buy it now $384
  5. 2018D DSP&P Green/red Excellent Bid $274
  6. 2018D DSP&P Green/red Very good Buy it now $384
  7. 2319S C&S #8 Excellent Bid $253
  8. 2119D Lake George and Boulder Like new $249
  9. 29182 20th Anniversary Mogul set DSP&P Like new Buy it now$1349
  10. some Bachmanns.

My local store has a vasty overpriced 23196 C&S Mogul #9 (the prototype cracked a cylinder and is now on display only).

Proportions and wheel spacing are a little different IRL:

Last edited:

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, guys. I already spent the money on a new Vizio tv for my train room. I went to Hobby Lobby where I purchased a 1/16 model of a 1979 Trans Am. Then,I ordered about $25.00 worth of paint and reducer( a 4oz. bottle of Createx Auto-Air Colors Gold Metallic paint,a 2oz. bottle of Createx 4012 Reducer, and a 2oz bottle of Createx Auto-Air Colors black paint sealer) for the Trans Am model,whick will be mostly airbrushed when I get everything together. I also purchased an Aristocraft 11350 Rerailer,and a few other things with the money on Ebay. I'm so mad about the seller doing what she did. I'm watching her account, and will be ready to call Ebay the moment she relists that train for more than my high bid. The customer service rep at Ebay told me that Ebay may pull her account if it turns out that she cancelled the sale because she didn't get the money she wanted, which is against Ebay rules! And that's exactly what I think she did! I may decide to buy another LGB Mogul at a later date, but for now, I'll just stick to the one that I already have. Now,if I could just figure out the sound card for my mogul.Anyone like the PIKO sound system? I hear it's pretty good, and works well with the LGB 2-6-0,but I'd have to remove the existing LGB MTS System to make it work. Thoughts,gentlemen?
Later !
Andrew