Best answers
Country flag

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Lettering is something I have to work out, I tried with white ink pens but that looked like rubbish. Gladly I could remove it before it dried. Now trying to figure out another way to have some decent white decals. Nothing more than RTM and a number.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Lettering is something I have to work out, I tried with white ink pens but that looked like rubbish. Gladly I could remove it before it dried. Now trying to figure out another way to have some decent white decals. Nothing more than RTM and a number.
Letraset is a commercial press on lettering. You must have similar things in Holland, varying sizes and fonts available from a local Stationers Perhaps. That is if you are not in lockdown!

This lot acquired Letraset some time back so ought to be available in your neck if the woods.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Oh I see! In Dutch they’re called ‘wrijfletters’, bad English translation: rubb on letters...?
Good idea! They are still available, just checked online.
Great actually wrijflettersis one of those great Dutch words that if you say with a Geordie accent is almost English sounding for as much as a strong Geordie accent can be classed as English which is very close to Dutch with many words. With apologies to any Geordies, I think you are all salt of the world.

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
The word ‘wrijf’ (rub) or ‘wrijven’ (to rub) is actually very strange in Dutch, as it has a w followed by a consonant. To my knowledge that is very rare in Dutch. Funny though the ‘wr’ is easily pronounced!