Accucraft K-27 head/marker light fail

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Naturally no output on the light circuit. Put the multi meter across the light terminals, set for ohms, it just registered -1, which I understand means no short (Have I got this right Mike/Greg ?)

You are correct Max, the -1 indicates open circuit.
Me, believing in the belt and braces approach.....
The markers lights are paired up in series with their cables then attached to the board, the headlight has its own twin strand cabling going to the board .
Have you tested the lights when detached from the board?

The newly constructed boards from John will be good to have but if it is the lighting wiring that has got a problem then they will not operate either.

Just out of interest does the cab light illuminate when power is applied? (the cab light's twin cable from the board goes back into the boiler then into the cab for the light)
If they all are not operating then junking and replacing the board is definitely the way to go.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Have you tested the lights when detached from the board?

Not yet. Will do to as I intend to replace any way, crap solid strand wires - grrrr ! They should be wired in parallel I would have thought.

Just out of interest does the cab light illuminate when power is applied? (the cab light's twin cable from the board goes back into the boiler then into the cab for the light)

Didn't know it had a cab light - never noticed it. better go have a look then. Max

D

Deleted member 4232

Moved

Last edited by a moderator:

maxi-model

27 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Many, many thanks John. I look forward to their arrival. Have a good shopping trip. Max

maxi-model

27 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Replacement boards have arrived safe and sound. I'll get round to fitting one on Monday/Tuesday whenI've got a bit of time. Thanks again John. Max

Reactions: 1 user