A Railway in South Brittany

KandNWLR

Live steam on the indoor K&NWLR
18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Good to see things moving forward .... even if it´s sunny outside ;)

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Hi Paul, nice to hear from you. Yes could possibly do a loop at 3 foot high outside for if I ever get a real steamer. I was just thinking of the advantages of working in the shade as we have had it in the low 30's the past week or so.

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Just a flop down of the engine shed and turntable, any comments on the use of space in the new area as I am going to route a big hole to drop the turntable in flush so don't want to move it when someone says....you know what if you did this you could have done that............. several heads are better than one, sometimes especially when the one is mine.

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Stainzmeister said:
Hi Peter :)
Glad to see you are still at it.
I was just having a look at your outdoor layout - a shame its gone it was a corker.

Nevertheless, upward and onward, keep those pics coming as your new layout develops

yes it was a really nice layout, I should have layid more concrete in the first place, or thought about my back more. the infrastructure is still all there at the moment. but it is nice working in the shade, what problems will materialise indoors remain to be discovered.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Perhaps move / rotate the shed to the right (as viewed)? To make the left-hand wall parallel with the siding (which could be extended a little)??

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
PhilP said:
Perhaps move / rotate the shed to the right (as viewed)? To make the left-hand wall parallel with the siding (which could be extended a little)??

Will try 1 quadrant round see what it looks like thanks.

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
What do you think now? of course then it gives me the possibility of a passing loop and a track down the side of the Engine shed. Difficult to resist putting down more track.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I think it looks better.. More prototypical than a symmetrical layout.
But that is just my opinion.. more track is always good!! ;) :D :happy: :happy:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
I think that latter shot looks good, as Phil says.

What a fabulous space you have, looks wonderful.

The nice thing about garden railways is that even of your outside one takes on a post Beeching like appearance, there is something quite pleasing even in that.

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Right yes I think it looks better and gives a passing loop or storage siding both are always good addition.

CoggesRailway said:
I think that latter shot looks good, as Phil says.

What a fabulous space you have, looks wonderful.

The nice thing about garden railways is that even of your outside one takes on a post Beeching like appearance, there is something quite pleasing even in that.

Quite agree Cogges very post Beeching, with a bit of Triffids thrown in, but we mustn't fall into the same trap as Mr Beeching it was after all Ernest Marples that really did for us Guv...

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Working on closing the loop, the lower duel track is just a fold up board and the upper track is a bridge I already had that folds up. I have also incorporated the large span bridge I had in the garden, admittedly not looking as spectacular as outside. Possibly need a good bit a scenic painting behind on the shed wall to enhance it.

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
slight re-alignment of the brewery and sidings to give more room

Turntable to be cut in on Monday hopefully

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
The turntable dully let into the baseboard, next is laying some levelling surfaces so the track is inset into the surrounding area.

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Will do.... I need to find an nice cooperative artist to paint me some nice scenic backgrounds to hide the shed walls. :) :)

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Right.....All you x oo buffs out there.
What's the best way to build a Hill these days? my last efforts back in the late 60's was chicken wire and plaster of paris on a timber frame. What's new in scenery production? forming the structure and making it look sort of realistic....

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Stainzmeister said:
I "need" one of those water tower buildings :)

Yes there very nice I even managed to get an led in the lantern on the filler pipe and a bit of illumination in the building.

KandNWLR

18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
That´s looking good :D

KandNWLR

18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Nice turntable there. I´ve never allowed myself one, and I regret it ... ::)

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
KandNWLR said:
Nice turntable there. I´ve never allowed myself one, and I regret it ... ::)

Its only a manual one and has been outside for about 12 years so in need of a bit of TLC.

Yes turntables and a roundhouse always look good and are a nice centre of activity.