mmts

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Essex and you dont need your passport
Best answers
Country flag
Cyclone said:
Good work, I like it.
Did the shunters give in to the pestering of the Everest salesman?
Doesn't look like the safestyle man got the contract you know.... "you buy the front you get the back for free!!"
as it seems just the front has been done ;) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
I think the response you are looking for is
B.O.G.O.F. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you count you will see that there are two, but actually neither was free, just very reasonable.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Some small progress. Not up to Mel's (other makes are available) exceptional standards, but moving in the right direction (I hope). Glazing etc. still to do.

0792f9f4365043efb9fb63b92679b244.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
looks damed good to me Bob!:clap::D

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
mike said:
looks damed good to me Bob!:clap::D

Many ta's Mike, though I'm not sure it doen't look better in the pic than in real life.

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
Looking at your original post, Bob, I see you were after Georgian style windows. So, not wishing to miss the opportunity for a shameless plug, here are our 1/24th scale Georgian door and windows. I usually tell people they are suitable if you're modeling the I K Brunel period of the GWR! :D
Cheers!
Steve
9b9756f5ae684415bb7117740d2e6e28.jpg

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Turned out Steve, that when I did the measurements the two-panes were the only ones there was room for. Not exactly what I had in mind originally, but better in the end I think. I'm still having trouble imagining the scale in my head, too much playing with the big ones probably. :D

That other 'little project' is also moving along, if at a snails pace.

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
400Parker said:
Looking at your original post, Bob, I see you were after Georgian style windows. So, not wishing to miss the opportunity for a shameless plug, here are our 1/24th scale Georgian door and windows. I usually tell people they are suitable if you're modeling the I K Brunel period of the GWR! :D
Cheers!
Steve
images
Ok great shameless plug but do give details eg price and postage to Oz...
I priced some on eBay and thought they were way over the top, they were wooden though....

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
The problem with the wooden ones used to be that they were made in China of very cheap material and no two windows seemed to be the same. We've been producing styrene windows for doll houses for many years and they are popular with doll house manufacturers because, being injection moulded, the dimensions are consistent - important when you're cutting out hundreds of doll house kits on a cnc router.
Although our garden railway sized windows are 1/24th scale, a window is a window and they usually look right. Strictly speaking the doors are a bit on the small (short) size, but there are ways to get around it.
The easiest way to get the prices is to download the price list from our web site http://www.jacksonsminiatures.com/RETAIL.pdf The door and window prices are on page 8. The prices shown include 20% sales tax (VAT), so divide the price by 1.2 to get your cost (or multiply by 5 and divide by 6). As a G Scale Central member I'm sure we can do something about postage, though because the items are light, it wouldn't be much anyway.
I hope that helps.
Cheers!
Steve

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
Wow! That's quite a mark up. I'm selling them too cheaply! I suspect that the vendor buys from one of the wholesalers I supply here in the UK. The postage isn't too bad though. A single window would cost me £2.04 to post (in a Jiffy bag) which is Aus$3.09 compared with the Aus$2.65 he quotes. However I think he's basing his cost on the letter rate (£1.08), which is cheaper than the "Small Packet" rate that he should be using for commercial products.
Once again it goes to prove that flea-Bay isn't always the cheapest.
Steve