Windows and doors for DIY structures

laney

Model Rail
2 Feb 2010
Welsh Valleys, near Newport
Best answers
As my wife is a dolls house collector, I've been roped into helping make the houses and do the electrics etc. Most traditional dolls houses are 1 :12 scale therefore no good for G scale, but there appears to be a smaller scale which is becoming more and more popular 1 : 24 !!!

Found a couple of suppliers on the net and they appear to be a good source of ready made wood and plastic ready made windows and doors.

http://www.eshop-systems.net/mollys_house/Plastic+Windows+and+Doors+PUVqTndBVE02a25jdmRXWjBGMlk

Just had some of the plastic victorian windows and doors back and they seem ok so far.

:clap:

matthew

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire
Best answers
quite alot of 1/24th scale equipment about, picked up a large sheet of 1/24th windows and doors the other day. almost finished one building out of them. The door height is perfect if you imagine a typical LGB figure being 6ft tall

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Get in touch with Jackson's Buildings. He's a member of this forum, but I can't remember his handle atm?

Steve, where are you....

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
many thks u to gizzy for the website about 1-24th kit tht is useful for my junkyard!!!!...................wink....

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry Gizzy, I didn't see this thread until just now. We supply Mollys House Miniatures so I can vouch for the products :)
Don't forget Steve (Laney) that with our Victorian windows you can remove both the rear insert that holds the glazing piece in and the front glazing bars so you can paint the frame and the glazing bars separately. Be careful because they are quite delicate but they will stand up to outdoor use very well, unlike wooden doors and windows.
Steve

laney

Model Rail
2 Feb 2010
Welsh Valleys, near Newport
Best answers
Thanks for the info re Jacksons - will use them next time as he's on this forum.

Getting into this building lark seriously now - just bought an electric scroll saw so have to justify cost by using it!!:rofl: