will fine sandpaper will harm my brass tracks or not?..need a HELP!..ANY WEBSITE?

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
mike said:
and a track cleaning block from lgb is/was £10....

HI MIKE...hw are u? so where i can get tht from?.....cheers

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
many thks mike..will get them..the snow is nearly melting away....lol.....so when it 1oo per cent snow is gone..then i clean it......how is yr layout mike?

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
hi steve, its possably the best money you will ever spend on your railway..
my track cleaning blocks 4 year old, and has loads off life left in it.. nettys just replasced his, after 10 yearrs, ..my lines buryed under the snow, the new builds stoped, bad wweather..
hope to get started in trhe new year...this is were i was up to pre snow..the concreat blocks are were the "legs " are going to be...
e77bb1e777e04dbb90c2cb56e717b3da.jpg

4f6ec5338efa4c5b8cb2f951c894e626.jpg

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
A lot of the time I only wipe my track down with a damp thin sponge cloth wrapped around a block of wood. I've found it is all I need when running regularly. Our railway is under a lot of trees so there is always a lot of necture, pollen or the like.
If I haven't used track power for a while and intend running 4 wheel loco's then I have a three part method, sounds perdantic but doesn't take than long. First whisk along a section with the damp cloth, a couple of quick light burnishes with an LGB track cleaning block, then whisk along again with the damp cloth - you'd be amazed how black the cloth gets!
Oh and I run only metal wheels which helps a lot.
Ah but now I've got cunning, slowly changing to battery power, no need for the LGB track cleaning block, but do still whisk along with the damp cloth sometimes if there is a lot of plant debris or sticky pollen/necture etc, hmm and calling cards from visiting birds, grrr.